Thursday, October 06, 2011

Raspberry Salsa Dip: Get in My Mouth

      This recipe hearkens back to my college days, because it was introduced to me by college roommate and has always been one of my favorite things to eat.  It is that good.  I introduce you to, Raspberry Salsa Dip.

IMG_0184

Easy and fun and good.  Here's what you need.

IMG_0170

Black Beans, drained
Cream Cheese
Raspberry Salsa
Monterey Jack Cheese, about two cups

Then, layer them in the order listed.  Since I was doing Food Co-Op last night, I was splitting it up and doubling it, which makes the pictures a little misleading.  Normally, I would make it in an 8 by 8 square pan.

IMG_0173

Cut your cream cheese into strips or small pieces.

IMG_0176

You only need about 8 total ounces of Raspberry Salsa in a normal recipe.  I found my Raspberry Salsa at Kroger!

IMG_0177

I mean, how could you go wrong?  Throw lots of shredded cheese on top.

IMG_0178

Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.  The hardest thing about this recipe is waiting for it to get cool enough to eat.  It is a nice blend of salty, cheesy and sweet.  Yum.

IMG_0182

3 comments:

Kristin Murdock said...

I mean REALLY what is not to like about this recipe??

Mike said...

Raging farts.

Linds said...

ummm... this looks DELICIOUS! Trying it soon for sure!