Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our House: Breakfast Nook

      It has been many moons since I did a post about a room in our house.  I think I have been distracted by the rest of life, which is probably a good thing, since it is more important than our house.  I thought I would post about our breakfast nook, because it is one of the places where we spend the most time.  We eat breakfast, lunch and dinner here when it is just us, which is a lot.  I kept thinking I was going to add a rug or change the pillows, but I realized that in this stage of life, a rug would just make it a lot harder to clean, and I should not get new pillows to go where we eat with little kids.  So, here it is.

IMG_3148
IMG_3149

IMG_3147

We had the Banquette built in 2010 as a Christmas present to one another, and I have been so glad that we did.  We can pile lots and lots of peeps around it - great for parties and anytime we have a lot of kiddos around.  It is easy to clean, and fun to play on.  The girls have only jacked their faces on the table a couple of times, but I think that comes with the territory.
      I wrote a post about the stuff hanging on the large wall that you can read by clicking here.  The tree on the other wall is made of buttons, and you can read about it in this post.  I think I might do something little for the other side of the window - any suggestions?  The curtains are from Target, and the table and chairs are from Pottery Barn.  I love that the table has a distressed look already, since it leads a very distressing life at the hands of my children.  Also, anyone reading this should know that it took me a good 20 minutes to clean this area to be able to take these pictures.  The windows especially were dirty.
      The flowers are leftover from my birthday, which means they have had an amazingly long life.  I do love fresh flowers, though I don't feel great at arranging them.

IMG_3151

So, that is our breakfast nook - one of the most used rooms in our home.  To see the rest of our house that I have posted about, click here.

0 comments: