I am Olympic obsessed. I know that I am mostly preaching to the choir here, because most of my friends and family are too. As I was thinking about what to write a post about, I reflected on what I have been doing since being home from all my trips this month.
Well, I have been disciplining a lot, since apparently, when you leave your children for the better part of two weeks with different sets of caregivers, you have to reassert your authority and remind them that you are, in fact, the boss. That has been less than fun, to say the least.
The other main thing I have been doing is watching the Olympics. I keep it on almost all the time. There is always something to watch, and if it is an Olympic sport, I am interested. Weight-lifting? Judo? Water Polo? I can become an expert in a few minutes just by listening to the commentary, and I can always find a reason to care. Human drama at this high level is so intense. I ♥ it.
The Summer Olympics in particular have so many glamour sports that are high-profile and fascinating to watch, and it is amazing that just as I start to get a little bored with watching Swimming every night, the Swimming will be over and Track and Field will start. That's tonight, and I am so excited.
Another thing I love about the Olympics is that it is one of those rare events that really catches John's attention as well as mine, and we can both sink ourselves deep into Olympic oblivion every night. Seeing all the nations compete and the rising stars, the comeback stories and the sincere hearts is captivating on all levels. This year, Lily has really enjoyed the games as well. She also does some pretty awesome commentary.
Overheard while watching Synchronized Diving. "They are going to jump! They are spinning, and they will splash into the water. Now, they are getting into the hot tub." Bet you didn't realize that was a critical part of diving. According to Lily, it is, and I love seeing her enthusiasm grow. We are passing the torch of Olympic love to the next generation!






2 comments:
We have it on non-stop too, but I do not share your interest in water polo. Why is it ALWAYS on during precious naptime?
We have it on non-stop too, but I do not share your interest in water polo. Why is it ALWAYS on during precious naptime?
Post a Comment