Sunday, March 31, 2013

HAPPY EASTER

We are pretty much waiting for a phone call that feels like it may never come.  We've readjusted expectations on a time line.  We've prepared as best we can for possible scenarios.  We've gotten our email inbox from 358 emails down to 4 - that was just me, but it felt like a major victory.  We've told the girls that we might get brothers soon that will be little - or we might not.  They are mostly oblivious, for which I am grateful.

At this point, we are just doing normal life and praying for whatever may come.  Praying for the mother.  Praying for the boys.  Praying for peace and discernment for everyone involved.  Lots of praying, because at this point, that is the only thing left to do.  There is something comforting about being at the place where the only positive activity in the direction of this situation is prayer.  I am sure that God likes us to be at that place, and I am learning a lot about trusting him.

In Easter news - Christ has risen.  Death is beaten.  Such glorious news to revel in and try to teach to toddlers.  We've been to church both last night and this morning and enjoyed the services and living in the freedom that Resurrection Sunday brings.

IMG_2861

I made the girls' dresses, and they loved them so much that they are still wearing them.  They refused to change for naps.  Makes a mama heart happy when they like something you made for them.

IMG_2869
IMG_2870
IMG_2872

Someone tried to photo-bomb, much to the girls' delight.

IMG_2875

After naps, we had egg-hunting fun.  They are at the perfect ages for this to be absolutely one of the most fun things they could imagine doing.  We did hunt for eggs wearing rain boots due to the ground being completely soaked with water.

IMG_2884
IMG_2885
IMG_2898
IMG_2891
IMG_2902
IMG_2904
IMG_2910
IMG_2918
IMG_2922

Thanks for your continued prayers and support - we feel buoyed up by the encouragement.  In the grand scheme of things, this time will seem short.  I know I will sort of think that as we look back at it, no matter what happens.  Right now, it feels long, but I know we are on the right path.  And I am thankful to not be pulling the strings.

Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Tales from Goshen said...

Excellent work on those gorgeous dresses!

Morgan Smith said...

i'm praying for yall.
loved serving with yall this morning. and really like that picture of bella on the grass picking up an egg. nice one:) love your sweet family!

Lorna said...

Their dresses are soooo cute!! Sort of in awe and pretty jealous that someone can make dresses that look that amazing! And the photo-bomb picture made me LOL. So adorable.

Unknown said...

Love the rain boots. Majorly impressed by your sewing skills :)