High: The traveling went almost flawlessly. God graciously knew that John and I needed some low-maintenance time with our children, and everyone did really well.


Low: I packed no extra diapers for the babies, besides what was in the diaper bag, so John and the girls made an early Thanksgiving morning diaper run while Violet sat in her poop for longer than desirable.
High: I brought Thanksgiving cookies that were quickly devoured.
High: Being around my family is simply so much fun! The aunts/uncles/cousins made excellent playmates for my children.
High: Thanksgiving is such a tasty meal, and ours was wonderfully prepared mostly by my mother, step-father and aunt. My biggest dilemma is always that I don't like my food to touch, and there are so many good options to put on my plate.
Low: The babies have been sleeping terribly for the last week or so - especially Violet. Interrupted sleep is no fun at all, and it is even less fun when you are traveling. Other than that MAJOR thing, the babies did well.
High: We managed to pull off a family picture with everyone that didn't take long - can't wait to see it on Mom's Christmas card. Then, we did a picture with the kiddos and Nana and Papa. It cracked me up to see all the effort put into getting the children to look and smile.
High: Movies. I saw Catching Fire late one night, which was amazing. Then, we took the girls to see Frozen. The girls loved it, and so did I. I actually purchased the sound track last night, and we have been listening to it all day around time. So good. I love a good Disney princess movie.
Low: We don't live closer to family all the time. I really do love being with them and am always so sad that we can't do it more often.
High: It was great time to get out of town and count our blessings. Sometimes when the blessings are all up in our faces, we can feel a bit smothered. Traveling gives us the perspective we need to be grateful to God for the amazing things he provides for us. We are looking forward to celebrating the greatest gift of all this month!
Low: Packing up our circus is a bit on the intense side these days. I anxiously await the day when it doesn't feel like we are moving in each time we arrive some place.
High: We took Rachel out for a birthday lunch. The girls made her a "cake" of peanuts and sang Happy Birthday to her not once, but Two Whole Times. Aunt Rachel is well-loved, especially when she shares her birthday brownie.
It's good to be back home and settling into the joyous Christmas season. Can't believe it is December!

























1 comments:
I still feel like we're moving in anytime we visit someone's home, and my oldest is 15! Less stuff (no diapers-yay!), but it's bigger stuff (shoes, coats, etc.). It's so fun to travel to see family during the holidays, but so much work! The great thing now is my big kids can pack themselves and load and unload the van, so that's nice for mom and dad!
Post a Comment