Monday, January 27, 2014

THUMP THUMP, CRUNCH CRUNCH

These are the sounds of my life right now, and this little post will help me remember it many years from now when this time is a hazy fuzz of forgetfulness.  Anytime one of the big girls tattles on the other, John and I look at one another and say, "Thump thump."  We decided that is the sound that is made when someone gets thrown under the bus.  We pretty much say it all the time.

"Bella was hitting me."

Thump, thump.

"Lily won't share the puzzle."

Thump, thump.

"I am sick of Bella talking.  And, she colored on the wall/book/table/floor/couch."

Thump, thump.

"Lily is not answering me, and she pulled my hair."

Thump, thump.

I'm sure other parents with preschoolers can relate to this.  John actually said, "I am so glad that I know that other kids tattle, otherwise, I would just think that ours were extreme tattlers."  I'm pretty sure that's not the case.  I imagine that they are both extraordinarily average in this area, and we basically ignore it and/or send them back to deal with it themselves.

Afterlight

Good thing they are so cute.  Bella's potty training has taken many twists and unfortunate turns in the past several weeks.  Currently, I am letting her wear the much coveted Frozen dress on days when there is success and progress.  Otherwise, it hangs in the bathroom, far from reach.  Today there was success, so we shall celebrate today and small victories.

Afterlight

The other sound that epitomizes my life right now is "Crunch crunch."  That's the sound that is made when you step on a wayward Cheerio or Puff.  And many seem to have lost their way in our home.

Afterlight

Though they usually start in the kitchen, I am amazed at where I will step on them.  This Puff travel is facilitated by older sisters who will bring Puffs to babies in many locations in our home.  And then I step on them.  Inevitably.

But, who am I to deny Puffs from these faces?  Not on my watch.

Afterlight
Afterlight

This is the soundtrack of my life.  Well, these sounds and Frozen music, obviously.

0 comments: