Friday, June 27, 2014

KC TRIP: DAYS 3 & 4, HIGHS 7 LOWS

(Click here to see the first couple of days!)

I feel like we are on the same song, 20th verse when John and I look at each other and say something brilliant like, "We may have packed too many things into this trip."  Sometimes it happens like that, and we overextend ourselves a bit.  Or a lot.  But - there are always SO MANY THINGS TO DO and SO MANY THINGS TO SEE and SO MUCH FUN TO BE HAD, that I understand how we end up here.  Here's the trip wrap up with highs and lows.  Because there were definitely both.

Low:  We paid a lot of money for a breakfast that was just okay.  We were paying for convenience, and sometimes that is worth paying for.  Double bonus - everyone was together at one big table so we had a lot of help.

Untitled

High:  Time together.  I just love being with my people and seeing them enjoy life.

IMG_8488
Untitled

High:  We headed back to Crown Center to go to SeaLife Aquarium, which happens to be exactly next door to Legoland.  We had a grand time perusing all of the sea creatures and taking pictures in the aquarium bubbles.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

High:  We got this awesome group shot that I actually took the plunge and purchased from SeaLife.  So funny.  Also, it's worth noting that parts of my kiddos disappear since they were wearing green against the green screen.

KSGS624Z0033

High:  We walked to Union Station, which was beautiful.  And we got to see the miniature train room, which was huge and amazing.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Low:  By lunch time, my crew was pretty tired and whiny.  Never a good place to start a meal.  I love it when my kids don't want to eat food they usually like.  Except that I don't.

High:  We hit the waterpark again in the afternoon.  So much fun.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Low:  The kiddos were pretty worn out by all that we had already done.

Untitled
Untitled

High:  We all headed to the Dodgers/Royals game for a really great night out.  The weather was perfect.  John's favorite pitcher - Kershaw - was pitching.  The kiddos did really well.  And the Dodgers won!  All in all, a perfect way to end the day.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Low:  When we returned to our hotel room - very late, I might add, as we all stayed for the entirety of the game - we encountered a medical issue that was alarming at the time.  John called the front desk to locate the closest ER, I called my nurse mom to have her come immediately to our room, texted my dear friend who's a doctor, called our pediatrician's medical exchange, and John ran to CVS.  (We may have overreacted a *teensy* bit.)  It involved forcing medication upon a child who was quite reluctant and being terrified that our hotel neighbors would think we were awful parents.  All in all, not our best night.  We were in bed around 1:00 am, and I had nightmares all night.  And, both babies slept restlessly.


Low:  With the bad night behind us, we did sleep in, which was good.  However, we miscalculated - or didn't calculate at all - the time it would take for us to get all packed up.  This left us scrambling and stressed as we were nearing check out time with lots still to be done.

High:  Our kiddos traveled pretty well for the first part of the day.  I want to give them credit where credit is due.  (Do you like the ominous foreshadowing?)

Untitled
Untitled


Low:  Violet screamed literally the entire last hour of the trip, with William occasionally chiming in.  This led the girls to cry about not being able to hear their movie.  It was a lot of crying.  I tried anything and everything to comfort Violet, but she was having none of it.  The best that I can tell is that she was ready to be out of her carseat + tired + probably teething + bored + maybe hungry?  This age is so hard.  As soon as we got home, she was as happy as a clam to be able to crawl around before bedtime.

Usually I am pretty good about getting all unpacked.  Let me rephrase that - John is really good at it, and I usually try to get with the program, since it is nice to have it all done.  However, in this case, it is still not all done.  So - I need to go do that, though I would rather do almost anything else.  Hope your weekend is starting off well!

0 comments: