Tuesday, October 14, 2014

CAMP BELLA PARTY

As I mentioned yesterday, Bella turned four this weekend.  It was one of those years where the stars aligned, and we got to have her party on her actual birthday.  This spring, after a weekend where we did a little faux camping, Bella decided that she wanted a camping themed party.  I'm sure attending her cousin's Camp True party back in April didn't hurt either.  It's such a fun theme, and I knew I could use lots of stuff from my sis's party, so I ran with it.

My sis graciously redid the exact same invitation from Camp True to fit Camp Bella's color scheme and info.

Bella's Invite

I freezer paper stenciled shirts for the first time and love the results.  Happy Camper shirts for my Happy Campers.  They were much happier for this picture, because they all had Smarties in their mouths.

Untitled

By Saturday afternoon, we were ready to host Camp Bella.  I had my birthday elves hard at work much of the day making treats and helping decorate and kid wrangle.  A big shout out goes to my Mom and Wes who helped make this all possible.

Untitled

I really did use a lot of stuff from Camp True - this giant sign being one of my favorite things.  This is also the first time I've put cookies on a cake, and I really like the way it looks - also, it makes putting together the cake much easier.

Untitled
Untitled

We served dinner, and since almost everyone invited was able to come, it all got eaten up!  Pigs in the Blanket and CFA Nuggets provided the most protein.  I overdid the sweets by a mile, and dried fruit was one of the only healthier options, so it is probably good that we don't often eat like this.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I ordered camping fabric that matched everything.  Check out the adorable sleeping bags!

Untitled

Because the weather looked menacing, we set up tents in our garage instead of the yard and filled them with balloons.  It was the first thing kids got to do as they arrived and proved to be a hit.

Untitled
Untitled

After everyone was there, we did a "scavenger hunt" in the woods behind our house.  I use this term very loosely, because right up until the party, I really thought it was going to be rained out.  So, I didn't have a lot planned.  Each kid was directed to find a flashlight and two pine cones and two acorns.  This would earn them a "badge" at the end of the party.  (i.e., their cookie party favor)  It was not elaborate, but it was fun.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

We came inside for dinner.  I really just invited our community group and family, but that is a ton of people and kiddos.  It is a bit chaotic, but really really fun.  I love these people.

Untitled
Untitled

We sang Happy Birthday to Bella, and she blew out her fire.

Untitled

Last on the agenda was a S'Mores Bar.  I really did overdo the sweets.  I was so thankful the weather did cooperate, and we had a fire pit set up in our driveway.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

It was so fun to have so many friends and family celebrate our sweet girl!  We sent everyone on their way with their badges.

Untitled

I do love doing a fun party.  It is a lot of work, but I reminded myself that it is fun work that I enjoy doing and am thankful to have the time and energy to do for now.  I know parties will not always look like this, but this one was a lot of fun.  And, as we were getting everything set up, Bella looked around and then looked at me and said, "Thanks, Mom, for all the fun stuff."  Made it totally worth it.

0 comments: