High: My mom flew to Little Rock and helped me wrap up the last several days here, which were crammed full of cookies and holiday happenings. Having her help and stabilizing presence was such a gift. She had also made these Christmas outfits for the girls, and this is the best picture I could get of them. It's too bad my children have no personality.
Low: Our drive to Wichita was B A D. We wore ear plugs the last half, because Violet would not stop screaming. So there's that.
High: Having lots of family around to play with (and see movies with!). Cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents are such fun.





Low: The twins both had extreme rough patches throughout the week. John even missed out on a couple of events (after he arrived via plane on Christmas Eve Eve), because William was inconsolably screaming. Violet was also pretty miserable at times, but it later turned out that she had an ear infection and pneumonia, so that made a little more sense. Being 20 months old is just "a rough life" as Bella would say.


(Lily did come to the rescue on Christmas Eve by coaxing W out of his fit with Peek-a-Boo Barn on the phone. She's a great big sister.)
High: We celebrated Jesus's birthday.


High: Sibling game night. We laughed a lot - we did miss Mike and Ash this evening!



Low: My sister and also my step brother both got a stomach bug on Christmas Eve. The only good thing about this is that God spared the rest of us miraculously.
High: Christmas morning. Despite all of the chaos, it really was a good morning. Stockings and presents were opened.


Delicious breakfast was consumed that included two kinds of cinnamon rolls (perks of a blended family - who doesn't win when there are a couple varieties?), breakfast casserole and mimosas.

Kids young and old had fun.

(my beautiful siblings.)
(Not in focus, but too cute to leave just on the computer.)
(William got stuck like this for a while. He loves that cat.)High: Some of us girls went to see Into the Woods after bedtime on Christmas night, which was such a fun outing.


As I mentioned in the beginning, we are still a bit hungover from everything. I'm recovering from a cold, and Violet is slowly mending with a lot of breathing treatments (so fun for everyone involved) and an antibiotic. As I reflect on the week, I am so grateful that Jesus did come down to this mess of a place, because it feels messy right now. And he came and died just to make it all right again. I'm so thankful.

So - that wraps up this year's Christmas. It was good, but I wouldn't necessarily want to do it all over again!
















1 comments:
John flipping off the camera with the card in hand is my fave. (and I realize that he's not truly doing that on purpose-- but still funny).
So sorry about the ears and pneumonia. We just did that with Tyler and it was MISERABLE. Hope everyone gets to feeling better quickly!
Post a Comment