Wednesday, December 03, 2014

MOMENTS OF REPRIEVE

It's no secret (probably because I won't shut up about it), that life around these parts has been a bit intense of late.  As John and I looked over the past month, we think that outside of major tragedy, it will likely be one of the more stressful months we will ever have.  So many stars aligned to make it so, and as we closed the door on November, we celebrated its end.  With champagne.

IMG_9380

But for all of that, I would be remiss to not note the moments of reprieve that we've been given along the way.  God certainly has not left us to do the work he has for us on our own, and he's been so gracious to gift us sweet moments in the midst of it all.  Thanksgiving Break was a great break of routine, and I got to take all four kiddos out for a playdate with friends.  Sunshine is good for the soul.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(The babies were SO excited to be pulled around in the wagon.  This picture does nothing to express especially William's pure joy and delight at riding around the driveway.)

This past Sunday was truly glorious.  I was awakened at 10 a.m. (!!!) to the news that John had already gone running, taken the big girls for donuts and started testing the Christmas lights, AND, that the twins were still in bed, happily chattering to one another.  God knew we needed sleep and calm, and it was such a gift!  As John handed me my favorite order from Panera that he had picked up while they were out, I almost teared up at the goodness of everything.

Untitled

We hung Christmas lights in the glorious weather while the girls took this "plane" to India and then Florida.

Untitled

At about three hours notice, we were able to land a babysitter, and John and I enjoyed a glorious evening actually spent talking with one another and catching up on the myriad things that have happened over the last several weeks.  We also checked out the new Home Goods and tried on some masks for good measure.

Untitled

I'm so thankful that God knows how to measure out what we need and when, and I am thankful for the bit of breathing room we had this weekend.

0 comments: