Monday, December 15, 2014

DECEMBER HIGHS & LOWS SO FAR

What have we been up to?  Honestly, my brain is spinning so much right now that I find myself regularly walking into a room and wondering what I came for.  John has found himself double marking the Dodger's summer schedule on our calendar in hopes we will be able to go.  While working out this morning, I found myself so distracted that I kept missing steps.  There's a lot going.  Here a rundown of the highs and lows.

Low:  We had the twins' follow-up swallow study.  When we went back in April, it was a family affair.  Since Lily is now in school and MDO was available for Bella, I took the twins by myself.  All in all, the experience was pretty good considering what we were doing.  They got us in and out, and everyone was so kind.  William got cleared for thin liquids, which is definitely a win.  Violet - oh poor Violet our medically high maintenance child - still aspirated silently with thin liquids.  I was pretty bummed to find out that she still needs thickener for the next 10-12 months.

Untitled

High:  I'm pretty much done with Christmas shopping.  And my presents are all wrapped thanks to my awesome friend.  The girls were delighted to find presents under the tree magically one day.

Untitled

Low:  John has worked A LOT.  We knew this was going to be the case, but like all things - knowing it beforehand and actually living it are two different things.  We are so thankful for the great business, but we are definitely looking forward to the January slowdown this year.  But - how cute are Santa and Santa cow together?

Untitled

High/Low:  Because John has been working a lot, we've been to the mall a lot.  We are definitely starting to learn the mall ropes.  We've visited Santa several times.  We've met friends there for dinner.  We've worn Christmas jammies and walked around to kill time before bedtime.  There are obvious pros and cons to all of this.

Untitled
Untitled

Low:  Trying to "do" anything while my children are awake.  I think we are at a new low as far as productivity levels while my four pack is roaming the house like a hoard of wild dogs looking for things to destroy.  This is when I was trying to get ready for our D-Group's Christmas party.

Untitled
(Just realized I was doing an elbow pop for this photo.  Do I look skinnier to you?  Also, side note - I made this skirt for myself while I was in college.  It was a great find during the closet clean-out of this fall.)

High:    Our D-Group party was a wonderful evening with just adults.  We missed a couple of couples, which meant it was lacking our complete circle.  But, it was a great night celebrating the season.

Untitled
Untitled

Low:  I've started to realize how many things have eggs in them.  Now that I know that Violet is severely allergic, I'm trying to strategize things to bake that she can eat.  From what I understand, replacing eggs in brownies is border-line impossible.  I've found myself on all kinds of websites that I normally would not traffic that PETA and random vegan sites looking for egg-free recipes.  I did successfully make pancakes using the age-old flaxseed for egg substitution.  They were a hit.  Especially with the Christmas M'Ms.

Untitled

High:  Holiday baking.  I love doing it - even when it just about overflows my Kitchen Aid.

Untitled
Untitled

High: WE WENT TO SEE GARTH BROOKS.  I feel the need to put that in ALL CAPS, because here in Central AR, this concert was a big deal.  It sold out quickly, and they opened up another show, and my social media new feeds were hijacked by it for all three nights.  And it was a great concert.  If you had an itch for a certain song, then Garth made sure to scratch it.  He played all of his hits, which was super fun.  We went with great friends and had an amazing time!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

December really does take the cake on activities, and this one has been piled onto with a second restaurant.  It's been so good.  But so full.

0 comments: