Sunday, August 02, 2015

LATELY: HIGHS & LOWS

It's August.  Shut the front door.  How is the year headed into fall madness and school and everything so quickly?  I know this is always happening, but it still amazes me at how quickly time passes.  Here are a few highs and lows of lately.

High:  We have had a pretty decent summer.  I was unsure if we would the first couple of weeks, but once I adjusted my expectations, it turned out all right.  Did we have the most fun ever?  No.  But, we've enjoyed one another and the more relaxed pace, and for that, I am extremely grateful.

Untitled
Untitled

Low:  With the additional time together, I've gotten to see some personality quirks and heart issues in my children that are a bit distressing.  It has caused me to turn towards the Lord for guidance in the good moments and absolutely want to scream with rage in the bad moments.  Ultimately, we all need the Lord to work more in our hearts.

High:  Our friend Becci came to visit, and we had a *mostly* nice evening in the Heights eating dinner and walking to dessert.  I love the quaintness of that neighborhood.  And the yarn-wrapped trees.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Low:  The Tour de France ended.  We really did love watching it every day.  But - we liked the winner, and we celebrated the finish with champagne, just like the winning team does as they ride into Paris.  Just like I rode over 2,000 miles on a bike through the French countryside including crazy intense mountains.  hahahahahaha.

Untitled
Untitled

High:  I've gotten to celebrate babies joining families by birth and adoption.  I attended a super sweet baby shower for a soon-to-be brand new mama and fellow CFA wife.

Untitled

High:  The twins' hand-holding is going strong.  In fact, it is the best way for me to get William to walk anywhere, because Violet will allow herself to be led.  I have him grab Violet's hand, and then he is much more willing to follow the group.  ONLY if he is holding V's hand.  Otherwise, he wanders wherever he feels like going, and I have to carry him by his waist as he screams and kicks.  #subtletyisourspecialty

Untitled
Untitled

Low:  Because we have an ever-growing number of employees who are in our lives, we are in the splash zone whenever things -good or bad- happen to them.  Last week someone experienced a tragedy, and we grieved over her loss.  Life really is challenging, and it makes me long for heaven.

High:  Isn't the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile always a high?

Untitled

High:  I spent a lot of time on Friday night researching chocolate hair and tried out a new technique on Saturday morning.  I am so pleased with how it turned out and proud of myself.  I may get the hang of this after all.

Untitled

Low:  Violet is such a moving target.  She is incredibly sweet, but she probably almost doubles our hair time with her movement.  By the time we were finished, everyone had watched a lot of TV, and this is what our house looked like.  And we were all still in our PJs at 2 p.m.  It was a super weird day.

Untitled

High:  We watched the new Lego documentary that came out this weekend, because we are super cool.  If you like Legos and/or documentaries at all, it is a fascinating look at the company.

Hope that your lately has had good highs and lows - gearing up for one of our last weeks of summer!

0 comments: