My, how things look different now.



The Bounce House/Ball Pit was a huge hit.
On Saturday, we had a great breakfast by Ellen, and then headed to the Rugby game, where we ran into practically the whole world. I feel like I could have sat and talked with people for days, and again, I am reminded of what an amazing group of people JBU attracts and produces. I would still pick to be with these people, all these years later. I would choose them all over again to have in our lives, and John and I feel so privileged to know the people we got to see - what a blessing.


The girls did remarkably well for all the flexibility we asked of them. Though, one of the highlight moments of my weekend came towards the end of the rugby game. Lily was melting down, saying that she wanted water, and when I handed it to her, she wanted a different bottle, and then she didn't want it at all. Since this is a common battle these days, I had decided to try to give it to her one more time, which I explained clearly, and when she refused it again, I told her that she could not have water at this time. Well, she stood there, wailing for water, prompting a very sweet old acquaintance to come over and tell me that she had some water that Lily could have. Oh, if only it were that simple. I thanked her, told her that we did, in fact, have water for Lily. Since she is the mother of a three and five year old, she understood, and said, "Oh, it's complicated."
We went and had Uncle Luke take the girls' pictures at his Fall Special, which was at a really cool place.


Then, we watched the beginning of the Hog's game with our friends and drove home starting at half time. Oh, the girls were so tired, but we were full to the brim of the blessings of friendships and memories and the love of people who know you well. We spent Sunday recuperating, and John got to go out to our friend's Duck Club to help out around there. We are definitely still learning how to allocate our time and energy, and I am trying to learn how to be less controlling. If only that were simple - it does not come naturally for me, and I am thankful that John is gracious as I learn.
And, in completely unrelated, but wonderful news - we have a nephew! Jessee "Shane" Eppley was born to John's sister and bro-in-law last night around 10:45 p.m. We haven't seen pictures yet, but we are so thrilled for them!
Now- we are starting another week. They seem to run through our fingers like water over here - time goes so quickly. I am realizing that I will not miss the days that having a drink of water is really complicated, but I will really miss Lily proclaiming that she is heading to Target and Canada over and over. Sweet, funny girl.





2 comments:
I love the first pic, Carol! What happy chaos - I can't wait to see what it looks like in another few years!
Oh happiness! :)
Post a Comment