

Here is the butterfly tree in Bella's room. It sort of looks like Easter threw up on it, but going over the top is so much fun!

Here is the tree in Lily's room. I used tissue paper to make flowers and stuck little drink umbrellas in for extra color.

I hung ornaments from the chandelier in our dining room and then basically set ornaments around on every free surface.


Yesterday, John said he wanted to make us an advent wreath, though it is a little late to use for every Sunday this year. I was all for this plan (and thrilled that I married a guy who likes to "craft" a little), and while he worked on it in his shop, I spray painted stuff silver.

These random trees that John brought home from CFA and this sleigh that I picked up on this thrifting trip needed some change-ups to fit in here. Silver spray paint to the rescue! They went from this -

to this -

Now, we just have to finish decorating the outside of our house. This crazy rain and the crazy run on Saturday have put a kink in our plans to get stuff up out there. It will happen eventually, hopefully before the parties this weekend. We girls have enjoyed a rainy day without leaving the house once, which rarely happens around here. To see the rest of the decor, click here. Merry Christmas decorating!





5 comments:
I love the butterfly tree! So cool! I also like that I am not the only one who puts ornaments on any available surface. It's like a giant easter-egg hunt when you have to find where you put them all to put them away after Christmas! :)
It's beautiful, Carol. We didn't go quite so elaborate with a new baby in the house this year. In fact, we are just trying to keep our heads above water!
I love all the Christmas decor!! Also, I would love if you posted about the process of making the advent wreath! I would like one for our house and can't quite figure out how to make that tangible and pretty. We've got a plain wreath all ready for me to get going and everything. You are so crafty and I just love your ideas. :) Thanks for sharing your Christmas-y home!
I love the hanging pine cones and acorns! Those are so pretty!
You have a beautiful home and gorgeous decorations. The wreath idea is wonderful! Just think of it as getting a head start on next year! Merry Christmas to y'all!
Post a Comment