Every year for a long time now, I have made elaborate gingerbread houses in December. This year, I think I will scale it down and involve my children - we have plans for it later this week. However, it will definitely not be as pretty to look at as in the past. So, I thought I would share my past gingerbread houses, since it is the week before Christmas, and they are super festive.
Last year's was probably one of the more bizarre ones yet. I called it, "Santa's Little Psychedelic Love Shack," which I realize is weird, but I really wanted to do hearts + Christmas and this is what I ended up with. It felt pretty psychedelic, because the light inside alternated between strange bluish lights.

In 2010, I did the home of the Sugar Plum Fairies. I baked gingerbread onto hangers to make the tree branches - it was fun.

In 2009, it was a much more traditional.

This year, I am thinking we may do the Little Town of Bethlehem. Though, since I have been to Bethlehem, I know that it will look nothing like the actual place, especially with Lily's involvement. Sometimes I feel that I missed my calling as a Food Artist. I really love doing these. I showed off my haunted gingerbread house back in October. Fun, fun.
And - I used Random.Org to pick winners for the Chick-fil-A Gift Card Giveaway and have contacted the winners - Lisa Sharp and Ty Henry, Congrats! And, thanks for helping support a great cause. After checking the charity's site today, an entire well has been funded, and it is going well over that, which is so exciting. Yea, Project 320!






1 comments:
Can't wait to see what you come up with this year with LIly's help :-) I found this free e-book today and it made me think of you- 23 Gingerbread house designs.
http://www.favecrafts.com/master_images/23-Gingerbread-House-Designs-and-Recipes.pdf
Post a Comment