I grew up in a very clean home, and I remember liking that as a kid. I want my children and husband to have a clean home, and I know this is possible. We pick stuff up off the floor around here, but that is really different from actually cleaning things. So, this cleaning schedule has been mostly a really good thing. Every day I check it and see what my task is. Some days are more cringe worthy than others - who ever likes to change their cats' litter box? Other days I think - "oh, that's it? that's so easy!" about something like dusting upstairs. I tried to keep it pretty even from day to day, and I am on a two week rotation with most tasks. That is clean enough for us, and I must say, it is much cleaner than before. I am still working out the kinks, but so far, I think it is going well. And, I will not have to wonder how long it has been since that particular toilet was cleaned.
So, that is my little encouragement to you - you who probably already do a lot better at this than me. There is usually time and space to start doing the things that need to be done anyway - I just require a system, apparently.
Last night, John got home right around 5, and since it was such a nice day, we decided to go for a walk. "Moonlit" somehow implies that this was romantic - I assure you, it was not, though the moon was out. We had the two friends in tow, and though it was a little lacking in romance, it was rich with quality and moments that I hope make up the fabric of our family's life. Time together, enjoying God's rich creation and the gift of one another's presence.
Here's a glimpse.

(I like the one on the left. He will be posting on the blog tomorrow!)

I could see the moon in the water, but sadly, it didn't translate on film or pixels or whatever.
Thankful for these moments, especially after a whiny day with friends. Some days are like that.






0 comments:
Post a Comment