Monday, February 20, 2012

Days at Disney

      It is no secret that I love Disney World.  Years ago, I thought I might try to go and work there.  Instead, I began a one-year commitment with Chick-fil-A.  That was 8.5 years ago, and I am so thankful for where we are.  But, since Seminar was in Orlando, we decided to take an extra couple of days and go to Disney World, just us, for fun.
      We spent an afternoon at Epcot.  Epcot always makes me wish it was so simple to travel - the tour of the worlds is such fun.

IMG_2159
IMG_2174
IMG_2177

We rode most of the rides, because there was hardly anyone there.  Go to Disney World in February - it is worth it!  (I know this now more than ever, after our last trip to Disney,)  We had a leisurely, delicious dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco.  It was so nice to just be able to let down.

IMG_2182

The next day we did the Magic Kingdom, which is definitely one of my favorite places on the planet.

IMG_2196

IMG_2202

The weather was perfection, and the lines were mostly short.  What I realized, all over again, is how bad I am at waiting in lines.  Like, I have a serious problem in my heart.  I have this problem in all lines - at the grocery store, in traffic, at theme parks, at the DMV.  I am constantly checking whether or not I am getting ahead or falling behind in comparison to those around me.  Since we didn't have the girls with us on this trip, I had more time to dwell on where we fell in lines, which did not serve me well.
      We also realized that at this stage in our lives, going to a theme park by ourselves may not be what we want to do a lot of.  We had a fantastically fun time - I mean, it is Disney.  However, we realized when it was all over that it may not have been the kind of time we needed.  I don't say this is downplay the time we had, but more as a learn for our future - we only get so much time, especially without kiddos, and we want to make sure we make the most of it.  Four years ago, spending time at Disney suited us really well, but where we are in life now, it may make more sense for us to do something more low-key in the future.  Which seems a bit no-brainer as I write it out - sometimes I am surprised at the things I can't see, but I am glad that we get to learn as we go.
      All of that said, I am so glad I got to see the fireworks over the castle.

IMG_2205

The last day we were there, we decided to take it easy at our resort.  We stayed on Disney property at The Wilderness Lodge, which was beautiful and perfectly themey.  We rented bikes and saw a lot of the Disney Wildnerness, which is well-maintained and attended by helpful Cast Members.  I love it there.

IMG_2227
IMG_2221

Even the Disney Wilderness is magical - we came across the pine cones just like this.  I am sure they fell that way.

IMG_2223

And, here is the obligatory picture of me with a Mickey-shaped treat.  Those Buffalo topiaries wanted a bite.

IMG_2231

0 comments: