
Now, I haven't read any of Francis Chan's books, though from what I have heard, they are great and I should. When I read this, it occurred to me that I have never really been afraid of failure - in fact, I routinely have more confidence than is good for me (except about potty-training. that is pulling me up way short on everything.). And, the reality is, there are lots of things that I enjoy doing that seem to come naturally. But do they matter?
God's heart beats for the poor, the oppressed, the outcast, the orphan. Am I using my gifts in those areas? Or am I using them to serve myself as a fun hobby? These are hard questions to ask, because I know that God gives us good things to enjoy. But I think he ultimately gives us himself. How do I spend more time enjoying God and pursuing his heart in the world, instead of my own agenda?
Instead of making it more complicated, I want to boil it down. "Love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind. And, Love your neighbor as yourself." Luke 10:27. Lord, please give me a heart like this.





4 comments:
I have had you on my mind lately. Hope to visit with you to update you on what is going on in Kenya. Would love to do a fundraiser at your store with our teams who are traveling with us this summer.
I was just having a conversation about this with Adam the other night...I too want to focus my energy on what truly matters in light of eternity and in the lives of those who are in my sphere of influence! I'm trying to be very intentional with what I'm doing! Love you sweet friend!
I so think you are headed in the right direction seeking your focus on loving God. By the way, Chans book called Crazy Love is a good read for that.
great post! I feel like the Lord is stirring an awakening in his people! This has been a stirring in my heart too!
Post a Comment