We go back to our corner suite. Baby boy is in an open crib now and can be held whenever we are there. Baby girl is still in her incubator and growing every day. They are both starting to take some of their feedings from a bottle, though it wears them out, and they still get many feeds through their tubes.

They are wearing clothes now that their IVs are out, and it makes them feel more like healthy babies who will come home with us. We have new nurses every 12 hours, though there have been some repeats. Everyone has been so kind, and I am so thankful that they were born in the same hospital as Lily and Bella. I was actually born there as well, amazingly enough.
There is nothing that can be hurried. They just need to grow and develop and that takes time. But, they are doing so well, and we thank God every time we hear new reports about their progress. It is amazing. Hopefully I will be able to share names and pictures of them tomorrow night. They are beyond precious, and we are excited to introduce them!
Today, we took the girls to see Disney on Ice. Because of all that is going on, I messed up the time, and we arrived 30 minutes late. However, we still got a good amount of princess skating, and the girls were enthralled.

Tonight, I will be headed back to Camp NICU. Looking forward to baby holding!






0 comments:
Post a Comment