I am really excited to talk about this today. I am helping to organize this event here in Little Rock. God has been growing my heart for the orphan over the past year pretty dramatically. I now serve on the board of Immerse AR and helped organize a fund-raising banquet last fall for that ministry.

If you are wondering who is waiting in Arkansas - here's a little graphic with that info.
As I have been preparing for adoption, it has struck me how many things I typically do to welcome a child into my home. They are loved before they get here and cherished once they arrive. We do not do things perfectly at all, but we strive to provide a loving home that points our children to God's love. Unfortunately, too many children are growing up and falling between the cracks. They do not know love, and in fact, they experience things that are horrific and traumatizing. If we as the church do not step into this issue, it will only perpetuate the cycle that happens.
Here's our promotional video that shares a few stories - it is excellent and worth watching.
So - how can you be involved? Well, if you are local and want to be a sponsored walker, go to WalkfortheWaiting.org and sign up - it is very easy, and we would love to have you. Start gathering sponsors through email, Facebook or good ole' face to face interactions. If you are out of town, or you aren't able to walk, please give. You can sponsor John and I (I would love that!) by clicking on this link.
I really would encourage you to start praying for orphans and see how God moves your heart. We have been taken on a journey far beyond any that we would have imagined, but I am so thankful to be able to see God's hand at work in our lives. He loves the orphan and loves to work on their behalf.
No More Waiting! Hope to see you on May 18th!






0 comments:
Post a Comment