Wednesday, April 10, 2013

TULIPS!

Yesterday, mostly on a whim, the girls and I headed to Garvan Gardens, which is about 50 minutes from us.  The girls don't nap anyway, and I thought getting out of town sounded nice.  Usually I would have invited friends and tried to make it a social event, but it was nice to just head out on our own and make our way amongst the flowers.

We have gone to Garvan Gardens at Christmas time for the last five years, but this is the first time I have ever gone in the Spring.  Or in the daylight.  Both were a welcome change of pace, and it was gorgeous.

The girls did pretty well considering it was "nap" time.  Bella turned into a little Grumpypotomus, but I just kept feeding her peanut butter crackers to ward off the bad attitude.

IMG_2994
IMG_3006
IMG_3007
IMG_3010

I had seen someone on Instagram had been for the tulips, and I knew they were supposed to be pretty.  I was blown away.  They were simply marvelous.  Don't worry - I took lots of pictures so you could enjoy them too.

IMG_3001
IMG_3003
IMG_3008
IMG_3016
IMG_3021
IMG_3022
IMG_3025
IMG_3027
IMG_3030
IMG_3000

It was a fun, out of the ordinary afternoon.  Not everyone wanted a group picture on the way out - so this is what we got.

IMG_3028

It was so beautiful that I'm thinking this just might become an annual thing.

3 comments:

Kristin Murdock said...

The group shot needs to be framed. Classic!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Becca said...

LOVE these pics of your girls and the beautiful tulips!! If I ever get married, I'm definitely carrying tulips...they make me so happy :-)