
My phone was in the other room, but I heard the distinct "Boing." I set a separate ring tone for the babies grandmother so that I would know. I'm so glad I did that. She told me her daughter had gone to the hospital (a different one than we thought she would), and that she was waiting for details on what had happened.
"Boing."
More details - the babies were born! There is one boy and one girl (surprises keep coming). They seem to be doing well, though they are in the NICU.
We are being extremely guarded with the girls - they have no idea that babies who may join our family were born. This morning, I asked Lily, "What would you think if instead of getting two brothers, you got a brother and a sister?" Lily said, "I want a sister! Then there would be three sisters!"
I then floated the name that we have thought of for a girl to see what she thought of it. Lily was not a fan of our name, and when I asked what she thought a sister should be named she said, "Applesauce!"
4 year olds are awesome.
Today, John and I headed to the hospital - knowing we most likely would not be able to see them. Legally, we have no rights in their lives at this point, and I understand that. But, if we are to be their parents, I want to be able to tell them that we at least went up to the hospital as soon as we could. We prayed for them there. We are fighting for them.
There are so many details to all of this, most of them not appropriate to share in a public forum. We don't yet know if these babies will become our children. We are hopeful, and we have reason to hope. God's hand continues to be evident in little and big miracles and "coincidences" along this path.
As it stands right now, we are waiting on a lot of legal stuff. We need God's favor with a judge. We need continued support from the hospital. We believe that God has brought us along this journey, and no matter what, he will be glorified in it. I love that about God, and I am thankful to see him at work like this. He knows what is best for all of us, and I am choosing to rest in that. Though this could still end in a way that I may not understand or like right now, I do trust that God has all of our best interests at heart.
So, now it is time to wait some more. Thanks for praying and please keep it up! I can feel the prayers of the saints being prayed on our behalf and on behalf of these children, and I know God is sustaining us through them.
(The beginning of this story is in this post, in case you missed it.)






4 comments:
Praying, will continue to pray.
You have my prayers <3
Praying for your family!
Will definitely be praying! BTW, I definitely think Applesauce should be taken into consideration at least as a middle name. Oh the stories there would be :)
Post a Comment