Wednesday, April 03, 2013

PASSING TIME, AKA, LIVING LIFE

Interestingly enough, the shock of our possible adoption plans has worn off a bit.  I did hear some hopeful news from the grandmother just this morning, and we are continuing to pray for a positive outcome for this situation.  My phone and I are still joined at the hip, but all adoption stuff feels like a surreal alter reality.  It has also occurred to me in the last day or so that if we actually get newborn twins, it will rock my world.  Life will become richer, but infinitely harder, at least for a while.  I am very thankful that for the time being we have a full life.  And, we have just been living it, trying to enjoy it.  Here are a few snippets -

Last week I had a birthday breakfast with my besties.  You may get tired of seeing pictures of them on the blog, but I never do.  Love you girls!

IMG_3062

I took Lily to the doctor for her well-check up on Monday.  Since her last well check up was a train wreck, this one was a welcome change of pace.  Though the shots did not go over well, and I did resort to bags of Easter candy for both girls.

IMG_3098

John and I had been planning a fun date night to the musical Spamalot for weeks, and we decided to go ahead and do it.  We met up with friends for dinner and enjoyed the silly distraction that was Spamalot.

IMG_3105

Last night was a big, fat, deal.  As I was rushing out the door, Bella was screaming and my last words to the baby sitter were, "Try cat videos on YouTube!"  But, after the rough start to my night, I enjoyed the rest of it.  It was a CFA Customer Appreciation Night featuring Dan Cathy, President of CFA.  John had a fair amount of prep work for it, and there were events for our team members and John all day long.  I got to go to the dinner, which we had invited our Raving Fans (including our Community Group) to.  There was a green screen photo booth.  These pictures crack me up.

Scan 1

That's John and some of our amazing team leaders, and also fake Truett and Dan.  The next picture is John and I with some of our sweet customers that eat with us all. the. time.  They made name tags for everyone that was there representing our store - so precious!

Scan

It is still a mystery why John and I look quite so crazy in this photo.  Everyone else looks normal, especially Dan and Truett.  The evening was such a great night.  I always enjoy CFA events, because they do an incredible job, and I am thankful to work with and for such amazing people.  I sat with my favorite peeps too, so that made it extra fun.  They threw cows at the stage and stood on chairs cheering when John was introduced, so you know they are good friends.

IMG_3110

Which brings us to Wednesday.  We are just going through each day, hoping for the best and enjoying the time we have right now.  It will be nice to get some conclusive answers at some point, but until then, we will pass the time by living our life.

1 comments:

Stefanie said...

Bahahaha! I can't stop chuckling at the pic of you & John looking crazy with your CFA patrons and the fake Cathys. I think you should submit it to awkward family photos :)