Friday, April 05, 2013

HAPPY FRIDAY.

Spring arrived today, and we heralded this joyous coming by heading to the park for a picnic lunch.  The girls picked flowers and loved running around.

IMG_2931
IMG_2934
IMG_2941
IMG_2942

This week has brought a bizarre mix of good and bad.  Two separate times I have sneezed and managed to bite my tongue at the same time, causing it to bleed.  How does that even happen?  It's never happened before this week, but this week, it happened twice.  John was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday, and the power steering briefly went out on his car.  Last week we discovered that mice (or some other small rodent) had chewed through some of the electrical wiring of the Cow Car.

Last night when Bella woke up wailing loudly about the Lightning McQueen car that had been in her bed when she went to sleep, I thought, "God help us if we actually get newborn twins.  We are going to need it."  I also thought - Really?  You really think you need a car in the middle of the night?  She also asked for a kleenex, a diaper change, her blanket and the Princess book.  Oh, and Fox in Socks.  Just a tiny bit high maintenance at 1:00 a.m.

On the bright side, I made balloon cookies for a friend's daughter's birthday party.  They were so fun and colorful!

Untitled

The other bright spots of this week have included the fact that I have gotten a lot of stuff done.  I am probably more caught up on laundry than I have ever been, and the Walk that I am helping with has gotten a lot of needed attention from me.

And we just keep waiting.  I am enjoying having two children for the time being, or maybe for a lot longer than the time being.  Only time will tell.  We are now enjoying the beautiful weather, and we look forward to a pleasant weekend.  Or babies could come this weekend.  You just really never know, it seems.

I am thankful for the peace that God continues to provide and for the ways that he seems to be working.  No matter what happens, I am thankful that he's got this, and I've got to say, it is certainly an interesting ride.  God is never boring.

1 comments:

Kristin Murdock said...

He is TRULY never boring. But always good. Something I love about Him. And sometimes fear.