Thursday, September 26, 2013

FALL-IFYING OUR HOME: A MINI TOUR

This week has been full of doing things that need to be done, which in general are my least favorite kinds of things to do.  Caught up on bills.  Finally went through all my cookie receipts and invoices.  Got a bank account.  Started on my least favorite job of all time - sorting the kids' clothes for the season change.

In the midst of those (less fun) things, I have allowed the one major fun thing of fall-ifying the house.  Fall is such a fun, transforming season.  This year, I used mostly stuff I had and bought fresh pumpkins and gourds.  So, I pretty much threw apothecary jars, pumpkins and burlap together and called it good.

Here's a mini-fall tour of our house!

IMG_5374
IMG_5364
IMG_5376
IMG_5363
IMG_5377
IMG_5368

I just love pumpkin towers.  Lily said they were like snowmen, but pumpkins.  Well said, my little friend.  Lily and Bella keep asking me, as in - several times a day, when we are going to "Pick Pumpkins."  That is what they call going to the pumpkin patch.  I keep explaining that it will probably be a while, and Lily will say, "So after nap?"  Time is so hard to grasp.

IMG_5372
IMG_5359
IMG_5360
IMG_5351
IMG_5352
IMG_5353
IMG_5357
IMG_5358

This may be my favorite thrown together fall look yet.  Hope that you are enjoying the start of this festive season!  I know we are at my house.

0 comments: