Monday, September 09, 2013

WEEKEND: HIGHS & LOWS

Looking back, I am still not quite sure what all we did this weekend.  It felt like a lot, but I hardly took any pictures, so that makes it feel like less somehow.  Probably shows how addicted I am to taking pictures.  Moving on.

Low:  John worked a lot this week leading up to the big game day in Little Rock.  Our restaurant usually does a huge sales day for it, since we are right down the street.  It requires a lot of planning.

High:  We did get to see John much more than expected on Saturday, because things went great due to all the planning.  That's what we've learned about life - the more you plan, the better things go.  At least, that is the case when there are as many things going on as we've got.  If we don't plan, things will almost always go badly.  They do not go well by accident.  So, that is my little rant about the importance of planning in our lives.  Clearly, we have learned this lesson the hard way on many fronts. Here's some cute pics from Saturday.

Untitled
IMG_4993

High:  I made Razorback cookies.  I had already cut them out and baked them, just because I thought it would be fun.  Then, I found a friend that wanted to buy them for tailgating.  Win, win, win.  These may be some of my favorite cookies ever.

IMG_4975

Low:  My SIL came down with some of the same cough/yuck stuff that we've almost all had.  She was supposed to work game night.

High:  We switched places for the night, so she stayed with the kiddos, and I went to work at CFA.  I realized that I really do love working there when I get the chance.  I love our team, and I love being a part of it all.  I helped get the big orders ready, because we were feeding both football teams, plus feeding the Razorback cheerleaders twice during the game.

I love getting to work with him.

Untitled

Here's my kitchen selfie, complete with hairnet, name tag, plastic apron and sparkly shoes that John told everyone else they are not allowed to wear in the kitchen.

Untitled

Low:  We got home quite late on Saturday night after all of the hoopla.

Sunday feels like a blur - probably because we were at church til almost 1 and then did lunch and didn't get home til past 2:30.  John let me take a blessed nap, which was a massive HIGH.  I was totally zonked.  As we planned for this upcoming week last night, we realized it will be a bit fast and furious, but that's just life right now.

Happy Monday!  I hope that God's grace fills you with his joy and peace as he continues to draw you to himself.  I need that more each day - truly.  I cannot do this life on my own, and as it goes on, I realize more and more my depravity and need of him.

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

Love the kids' shirts...coordinating sibs and SEC love! yes! I cannot even imagine the CFA chaos on game day. You deserved the nap! I want to make the trip to Ark to see MSU play someday. It's the only SEC stadium (besides the two newbies) that I've never cheered for the Bulldogs in!

Carol Spenst said...

It you ever get a chance to come to the LR game, you would be welcome to stay with us! Would LOVE to host you all! Fayetteville is super fun too. We love heading up there for games.