Ya'll. People tell me over and over again that they don't know how I do it all. I keep telling you this - I don't. Yesterday, one of my dear friends had us out to her house which is sort of in the country for a lunch play date with our whole community group. People volunteered to bring lunch for each other and drinks and such, and I volunteered to bring nothing. I showed up, a bit on the late side, and almost immediately, the babies needed to be fed. This is where friends come in. In the midst of trying to dress/undress/redress/dress again the girls and feed the babies, I did not have enough hands. My gracious friends kept passing my babies around as well as their own. In the end, someone else was almost always holding one of my kiddos for some reason or another. Or getting them a drink. Or more grapes. Or a swim diaper.
Other than it being on the hot side, it was a lovely day for a play date, and I took the big camera to capture some of the magic. That was the other reason people kept holding my kids - so I could take pictures.
The sand pile was a massive hit for a while.


Here's Violet with her other baby lady friends. She's never been in a seat like that before, and her little legs were a bit dangly.

William just watched from the bench, clutching his lovie.

Then came lunch time and more playing. Cause that is what you do at a play date.



That last picture with a mother's arm coming in to help them share cracks me up. Our kiddos all hang out quite a bit, since we go to the same church and same mother's day out. They are like family, and often, they can argue about sharing, just like family.
Thanks, Keri, for hosting and providing the fun. Thanks, other ladies, for being awesome and helping care for my kids. I am certain that I couldn't do it without you all! Glad we get to do life together.






0 comments:
Post a Comment