Sunday, September 22, 2013

MISSING MS. FRANCES

Last weekend, when we were in San Antonio, we found out that our dear Ms. Frances had passed away.  She had been at work on Monday, and by Friday night, she was gone from a heart attack and other complications from the fact that she was 87.  She had worked with us for 5 years almost daily as a hostess in our dining room.  Her kind demeanor and feisty spirit made her an instant favorite with all of our team and all of our guests.  She was, simply put, irreplaceable in every way.

IMG_2847

She spent her free time baking cookies for the homeless ministry that her church supported and always had a freezer full to continue to give away.  She was generous with her time, her energy and most importantly, her smile and spirit.

_DSC0003

She had become family to us.  She lived on her own and drove herself everywhere, which was pretty amazing and gave us some opportunities to help her out.  At one point, as a community group, we got to help redo her kitchen, and our CFA team helped with her leaves last fall.  She gave them all cookies.

photo

At the end of the day, I am left with the knowledge that she is somewhere better - truly.  She knew Jesus and walked with him.  She got to live life fully right to the very end, with no significant decline, which is just as she would have wanted it.  What a privilege it was to watch her be in relationship with people constantly and now to be missed by so many.

I want to be like Ms. Frances.  I want to love people always and shine a bright light through my service.  I want to give generously and without restraint.  I am missing Ms. Frances and so very thankful for the joy it was to know her in the last years of her life.

IMG_2438

0 comments: