Low: I've been pretty sickly the past week, and it continued into the weekend. John had some of it too, so we sounded like a pair of sick hackers when we were out on our date night this weekend. It has mostly been coughing, but I will not be sorry to see the back of this cold.
High: Friday night we headed to the pool with lots of friends to say farewell to summer and the end of pool time. Lots of people were able to come at the last minute, which made it a delightful, crazy time together. (Thanks for the idea and the picture, Court!)

High: Saturday brought the return of Razorback football into our lives! I had excited Hogs fans on my hands. (They enjoyed posing with Aunt Rachel, who we educated about calling the Hogs this weekend. She didn't know what I meant when I said WPS.)

High: I got a sudden, surprise visit from a dear high-school friend of mine, and it was so good to see her. I love old friends! She also brought her adorable, mini-me daughter along.
Low: I think after all the excitement of getting back into the fall routine last week, I had a tired Lily on my hands. She was pretty whiny most of the weekend. When I was taking a picture with my friend, she said she wanted in the picture, then she didn't, then she did. And so on. Here's what we ended up with.
We'll call it Real Life.

Low: Bella was also exhausted - though, to be fair, she was less whiny. She did, however, fall asleep at the table, which I never in a million years imagined actually happening.

High: Saturday night we did Date Night! We tried out a new restaurant in town, The Fold. We highly recommend it - it was delicious and vintage adorable!



High: The girls let us sleep in a bit. I caught this sweet moment of Bella just after I got up.
High: I grocery shopped with another adult along. Thanks, John! That meant I only had the older two girls to contend with while we wheeled around the store. It's the little things. Those little things are actually quite huge.
Low: It decided to be hot this weekend. So, when we went running/walking on Monday morning, it took a long time to cool down from all that heat. But, the babies had fun!

High: Friends invited us over for some amazing ribs on Monday night. So, so good. The guys had a good time talking Syria while holding the twins.

The older kids had so much fun playing together that they protested our departure by barricading the door. Lily dragged that chair across the house.

All in all, it was good. And now we are headed full force into fall! Let the fall fun begin!








1 comments:
Is it annoying that I comment on everything? Josh and I spent some time doing John & Jason voice-overs when we saw that pic of them. I think we came up with some pretty plausible guesses as to how the conversation went :)
Post a Comment