Friday, October 25, 2013

THIS WEEK: HIGHS & LOWS

Without further adieu:

High:  My polka-dot jeans from Target that I got on clearance.  I want to wear them everyday, and I am loosely settling for every other.

IMG_4734

High:  We had a bunch of friendsies over last weekend for pizza.  With our 20+ kiddos running around, it was crazy, but always good to be with friends.  (John got that second sweet pic!)

Untitled
Untitled

Low:  Every evening at home this week the babies have chosen to cry simultaneously connected with dinner time.  It makes everything feel so stressful.  Good thing they are cute.

Untitled

High:  John and I did get a great date night this week.  We ate at the Packet House, which is at an old house built in 1869.  It was so very tasty and atmospheric.  I particularly enjoyed my s'mores parfait dessert and sitting next to the original marble fireplace.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

The best part of the date was being with just John.  You realize that there are so many things to talk about that you may or may not get to cover in every day life.  It is fun and necessary to have extra space and time to just catch up and dream.

High:  We got Bella a Hello Kitty karaoke machine that is really just a CD player with microphones.  They are obsessed.  We bought some CDs on our date night - my favorite is the Christian Hit CD done by Veggie Tales that includes popular songs from my high school days.  Hilarious.  We had fun getting it set up and testing it out.

Untitled

Low:  We knew this would be the case, and it is worth it, but this thing can be really loud.  Also, the girls like to change out the CD after two songs every. single. time.  William sums up my feelings about this in the next picture.

Untitled

Low:  There was an outbreak of Hand, Foot, Mouth disease at our MDO, so they closed it down after Wed.  So far, I've seen no signs of it, and I am hoping we dodged that bumpy, fevery bullet.

High:  Because we had no MDO, we headed to the Zoo with friends on a beautiful fall Thursday.  John was able to meet us there for a while as an added bonus.

Untitled
Untitled

High:  I've enjoyed a more laid back pace this week, which has been a real blessing.  It's allowed me to enjoy the kiddos more and relish where they are.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

High:  When Lily said, "Baby rainbows are called Rabies!"  We'll never know where she came up with that one.

High:  Having my Mom tell me that she sent out an email to the entire staff at her school about having to move staff medications to a new location.  The email sent before it was finished.  All it said was, "Hell."
Oh, I laughed so hard about this.  Bless her heart.  (She said I could share.)

I'm so thankful for the life God has given us.  It always feels like far more than we deserve, and the truth is that it is.  Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Lindsey @ A Dollop of My Life said...

Between Lillys rabies quote and your moms hell email, i literally almost peed my pants laughing while nursing Ty. Ha!

Kristin Murdock said...

Sounds like a fun week -- and I love love love your polka dot jeans!

Ashley said...

How I needed that bout of belly laughter at Rabies and Hell. I think if I had to sum up my emotions TODAY about today, it would be that latter word. Good thing I haven't sent any mass emails. That's awesome. Also, Kyle and I ate at the Packet House on Friday night for our 13th anniversary date! And we must have sat in the same spot...AND we ate that amazing Smores Parfait. Super YUM!