Our week included some fun highlights, like letting all the kiddos roam around outside.
And eating lunch with Lily at her school.
We tried on the dresses Mom made for the girls - aren't they cute? (Violet's is also really cute.)
We got matching pedicures.
We cleaned up poop explosions in parking lots. Lucky us.
It was so fun to have Mom see what fun personalities the twinsies are developing.

And in between all the fun, we squeezed in a lot of organization at Mom's gentle cattle prodding. We organized my very large bag collection. It seems that they breed at my house. Only a portion of them is shown in this pic.

It's time for a confession. The state of my dishtowels has been disgraceful. This has driven my extremely neat mother crazy for a few years, and I really have had no excuse. It's not like they are really expensive or hard to find. I just haven't spared the time and energy to replace them. But, we did it this week. It's the New World Order in my kitchen linen drawer. It was way beyond time.

And last, but definitely not least, we tackled the kiddos' closets for the Great Fall Sort. I've mentioned before that this job is one of my least favorite. It was finished in record time thanks to my mom's assistance and determination.
I think I have a future organizer in the making when I found these notes that Lily had made after seeing our notes.

And now she's gone, but John is back. I'm so thankful that Mom was able to come and so glad that she's now retired so we'll get to see more of her. And I'm hopeful that the New World Order will be able to stay in tact even in her absence. Fortunately, I have a bit of a neat freak husband to help.











0 comments:
Post a Comment