Sunday, September 14, 2014

MY MOM & THE NEW WORLD ORDER

John spent most of last week in Atlanta, and because I know what is good for us, I asked my mom if she could come and spend the week with me.  It was a gift in so many ways to have her here.  First off, she's my mom.  She loves me and understands me and is kinder to me than I deserve.  She has shown me what being a good mother should look like.  Secondly, we have a lot of fun together.  And despite/because of all my children, there was a lot of fun this week.  Thirdly, my mother is an organization machine and brought a new world order to several parts of my home that desperately needed it.

Our week included some fun highlights, like letting all the kiddos roam around outside.

Untitled

And eating lunch with Lily at her school.


We tried on the dresses Mom made for the girls - aren't they cute?  (Violet's is also really cute.)

Untitled

We got matching pedicures.

Untitled

We cleaned up poop explosions in parking lots.  Lucky us.

Untitled

It was so fun to have Mom see what fun personalities the twinsies are developing.

Untitled

And in between all the fun, we squeezed in a lot of organization at Mom's gentle cattle prodding.  We organized my very large bag collection.  It seems that they breed at my house.  Only a portion of them is shown in this pic.

Untitled

It's time for a confession.  The state of my dishtowels has been disgraceful.  This has driven my extremely neat mother crazy for a few years, and I really have had no excuse.  It's not like they are really expensive or hard to find.  I just haven't spared the time and energy to replace them.  But, we did it this week.  It's the New World Order in my kitchen linen drawer.  It was way beyond time.

Untitled

And last, but definitely not least, we tackled the kiddos' closets for the Great Fall Sort.  I've mentioned before that this job is one of my least favorite.  It was finished in record time thanks to my mom's assistance and determination.

Untitled

I think I have a future organizer in the making when I found these notes that Lily had made after seeing our notes.

Untitled

And now she's gone, but John is back.  I'm so thankful that Mom was able to come and so glad that she's now retired so we'll get to see more of her.  And I'm hopeful that the New World Order will be able to stay in tact even in her absence.  Fortunately, I have a bit of a neat freak husband to help.

0 comments: