Thursday, November 06, 2014

FYE: FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT

Sometimes sad things lurk around lots of corners.  And stress.  It's a creeper.  We all have our own coping mechanisms for these seasons, and I've realized that I appreciate beautiful things and funny things.  They both act as a bit of salve.  Here's a couple of things I've been crushing on recently.


This Anne of Green Gables wedding shoot.  I didn't know that setting up fake weddings just for pictures was a thing, and part of me wishes I lived in an alternate universe where this was my job.  Planning a party without having to worry about anything practical? - sign me up!  I adore Anne of Green Gables and have read the 8 books in the series more times than I could count.  I used to re-read them all at the start of each school year growing up.  The pictures of faux Anne and Gilbert and all the little details are stunning.


anneofGG-styled-01

(P.S. - I just realized this blog post I linked to was from 2012, so I am clearly way behind the times on this.  But, I found it this week.  So can you.  P.P.S. - I started poking around this website and realized that making fake weddings is part of this blogger's job.  There are SO many fun things to look at and draw inspiration from.  I'm ever so thankful that I got married before the advent of Pinterest, because I was already a bit over the top, and the sheer amount of IDEAS available now would have been overwhelming then.  I do pity the bride with Pinterest at her fingertips and an itching for DIY.  I'm not sure I would have been able to use that power for good.)

And then there's this Little Mermaid wedding shoot that made its way around Facebook.  I was so intrigued and taken with the whole affair!  It's totally gorgeous, even though it took me a few minutes to realize it wasn't real.  It's the first fake wedding photo shoot I found.  I want all of the little treats to be mine immediately.

102714-cc-mermaid-wedding-11-img

Another very entertaining thing this week is this picture of my awesome nephew True dressed as Bob Ross for Halloween.  He is rocking that painter's palette.

Untitled

Since winter is on its way, I thought you might all enjoy this SNL sketch poking fun at the Atlanta snowstorm.  John and I have watched it many times since a friend from Atlanta introduced us to it. Living in the South during the winter certainly has its moments.

And while we're on the topic of funny videos, I loved this clip of Bradley Cooper and Jimmy Fallon when they can't stop laughing.  Their laughter is completely contagious, and I am pretty sure I smiled/laughed the entire time I watched this.



So funny.  Hope this brightens up your week!  Laughter is so good for the soul.

0 comments: