Friday, November 21, 2014

FREEZER FOOD RECIPES & THE BEST LASAGNA

I mentioned in my Thanksgiving food post that I might follow up with links to a few freezer meals recipes.  Here is that promised post.  I have been in some sort of food co-op for the past five years, and I love the variety and ease it adds into meal prep.  In my current group, there are 6-7 women, and we each make one dish 6-7 times.  Then, we trade them all and end up with 6-7 different main dishes ready to go.  We trade every other month, so it's not a ton, but every little bit helps!

We traded this week, and due to the holidays, not as many people participated, so those of us that did made two meals each.  I made Creamy Tortellini Soup, and I really love this recipe.  Also note, that if you choose to double it, it will just barely fit into your crock pot - but I made it work!

Untitled

I also made and froze Fabulous Chicken - a recipe that I got from my sis and blogged several years ago.  It freezes perfectly!  I just realized that none of the pictures work from that post, so I am just going to rewrite it here for ya.

4 boneless chicken breasts
1/4 cup melted butter
1 lg package of shredded Swiss Cheese
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1/4 C White Grape Juice
1 package Good Seasons Herb and Garlic

Place chicken breast into baking dish.  Top with swiss cheese.  Mix the soup and juice together and pour over chicken/cheese.  Melt the butter and mix in the Good Seasons, and then pour that over as well.  Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.  Easy Peasy!

For this recipe, I froze it right before the baking time, so it will need to be defrosted before I bake it.  

Another recipe I made for next week and froze is Garlic White Lasagna.  This has become a new favorite of everyone I know that has ever tried it.  A friend made it for us the weekend of the IF conference, and I begged for the recipe and have been making it ever since then.  It's my favorite lasagna ever - hands down.  I am not a huge fan of marinara sauce, and this has none. 

My friend got the recipe from her mother-in-law, and after a little digging, I found the original recipe came from a 1998 Southern Living.  The only change from that recipe is that I was instructed to use slices of mozzarella cheese instead of shredded.  I think this makes a difference in the creaminess factor and overall deliciousness.

Untitled

I froze it right at the point that it would be time to bake it, so I will just defrost and stick it into the oven.  I got hungry just thinking about eating it on Wednesday night.  Yum.

Untitled

With it, I plan to serve this Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes recipe.  I've never made it, but a friend recommended it.  By the looks of it, I don't think we can go wrong.  Fact: I had never deigned to eat brussels sprouts until a couple of weeks ago.  I was shocked to discover how tasty they are!

If you are looking for some yummy stuff to freeze, then I hope this helped!

0 comments: