Friday, February 06, 2015

LATELY: HIGHS & LOWS

This day has gotten a bit harried.  It started off with having someone confront me in Lily's school drop-off line (more on that at a later time), and it kept going with William crying all the way to therapy because I had taken away the water cup that he had been deliberately throwing and spilling all over our house.  This afternoon I am so excited to be going to the IF Gathering.  I just have to get there . . .

Here's a quick run down of some of our highs and lows!

High:  We've had a fair bit of sunshine in the past couple of weeks, which warms my soul in the winter.  I also love the way it streams through our front windows in the late afternoon.

Untitled

High:  Eating some lunches and dinners at CFA.  John typically works one night a week, and we always eat dinner there on that night.  We also stop in randomly for lunch.  Seeing daddy at work and knocking out a meal time all at once is how we like to roll.

Untitled
Untitled
(We also like to walk through the kitchen and say hi to all the employees in the back.)

Low:  The twins are just at a hard stage.  They are CONSTANTLY making mischief and messes, and I cannot keep track of it.  They are also getting more teeth, so Violet is back to being a drool fountain.  William keeps his hands in his mouth most of the time trying to touch the new teeth.  He gags himself doing this more often than not.  He has actually spit up several times doing this, and Violet thinks its funny, so then she will start gagging herself.  There have been many occasions recently where both twins are gagging themselves as we are driving.  It always feels like exactly what I need at that moment.  (sarcasm font)

This is from a couple of days ago when I found V rummaging through the trash can and eating a few chip crumbs out of the bag.  Delightful.

Untitled

High:  When Violet insisted on wearing John's sports coat.  Seeing her walk in this was priceless, truly.  I only wish the picture did it more justice.

Untitled

Low:  Wednesday night was a low.  There was a lot of poop.

High:  Going to gymnastics with lots of friends.  I'm so grateful to be able to hang with friends as our children do gymnastics at the same time.  I caught this sweet moment with Lily and her friend.

Untitled

High:  We had a great Superbowl Sunday last week where we managed to eat lunch with friends and play in the rain and then party with friends for the big game.  I made a cookie cake for the first time, and it was a hit!

Untitled
Untitled
(you can see William trying to get at his teeth in this picture.)
Untitled

High:  Last night, Lily lost her first tooth!  It had been wiggly for a long time, and last night, when I asked if she wanted to pull on it, she asked me to pull it out for her.  So I did.  She didn't cry or whine or complain a bit - she was just so excited!

Untitled

Low:  Then I realized that I had done no preparation for being the Tooth Fairy - even though I had plenty of warning.  I put pressure on myself to make things "magical," which is a bit psychotic, and I felt disappointed in myself that there was no glittery stationery for a cute note or any thing else.  I did let all of that go and come back to our current reality where I just haven't made time for all things.  We did manage to rustle up some gold dollar coins, which she was delighted with this morning.

Untitled

Hope your week was good and that your weekend plans are something to look forward to!

0 comments: