Saturday, February 14, 2015

THIS WEEK'S HIGHS & LOWS

This week has held its fair share of crazy, but that is just the stage we are in.  Add in to that a minor holiday that I tend to turn into a major one, and there are a lot of little things to do.  But, they are mostly fun things that I opted into, so I am learning to remember that I am often "busy" with things I want to do - which is better than the alternative.  I'm thankful.

High:  Having an awesome husband who graciously cared for our kiddos while I was at the IF conference.  I DO NOT take this for granted.  They all *mostly* had a blast.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Low:  Because of all that was going on, it continually felt like our house was more chaotic than usual.  It felt like random stuff was breeding and taking itself hither and yon throughout our home.  Me thinks that some things were carried on the wings of certain twins who like to roam . . . and who are never empty handed.

Untitled
Untitled

High:  Seeing Lily's joy over addressing her own Valentine's.  She took this task quite seriously and insisted on the boys and girls getting "different" cards.  I convinced her that changing the font color would do the trick, and she readily assented, to my relief.

Untitled

Low:  Violet had several bad breathing spells, one of which involved me having to run up to MDO to give her a breathing treatment.  Thankfully, we have so far avoided the ER this week!

Untitled

Low:  William is getting molars.  He hates it.  So do I.

Untitled

High:  We've had some great family moments interspersed into our week, and I always try to remember to thank God when everyone is enjoying one another.  It really is a blessing.

Untitled
Untitled
(Family froyo date for the win!)

Low:  We had this birthday plate from Lily's butterfly party for less than 24 hours before it got broken by our cat.  Bummer.

Untitled

It joins a long list of other items that met their tragic demise at our house this week - earrings, a pencil sharpener, several board books and other things I can't bring to mind right this second.  Breakable objects: BEWARE.  TURN BACK DOWN NOW.  DANGER AHEAD.  You've been warned.

High:  Lily and Bella had a fantastic time at Lily's class party Friday afternoon.  Kindergartners are awesome.  Truly.

Untitled
(So are four year olds, for that matter.)

High:  Finding our cat lounging on $20.  #andthenshefound20dollars

Untitled

High:  Yesterday I shared the kiddos' Valentines - here are a few of the outtakes.  I love these little people!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Happy Valentine's Day - hope it's a good one!

0 comments: