Wednesday, March 18, 2015

14 ON 17: A DAY IN THE {PACKED} LIFE

Yesterday was packed to the brim.  Our life is usually pretty full, but yesterday had more than most days, and I'm thankful that we are not always running at this pace.  Here goes.

7:45ish:  I started by loading up cookies and a million other things to take to Bible Study.  Celtic knots remind me of our time in Ireland, and I thought it would make a fun theme for these St. Patty's cookies.

Untitled

9:15ish:  I got to share a bit about our adoption story and the whole family that we have gained with my Bible study group.  I was nervous, but I had a lot of peace, and I was thankful for the opportunity.

Untitled

There was a bit of miscommunication, so instead of going on right before the worship time, I ended up speaking right before Jennie Allen spoke, which was a bit intimidating.  She's from our home church, and it was a real privilege to hear her speak.

Untitled

11:15ish:  William had a very low-grade fever from teething and was cranky, so I took him out of childcare.  He enjoyed watching Bella perform!  She put her all into it and was generally super cute.

Untitled
Untitled

12:30ish:  My small group had a luncheon together at my co-leader's house.  It was one of the most beautiful homes I have ever been in - this was our lunch view of the Arkansas River.

Untitled

William loved this fake dog and seemed absolutely fine as he bopped through lunch.

Untitled

1:30:  Our lovely hostess sent us on our way with a Shamrock plant.  I am loving having it and hoping that my black thumbs don't do it in.  We shall see.  My track record should leave this poor plant shaking in its pot.

Untitled

3:30ish:  I headed to Lily's school for a parent teacher conference.  Lily is having a great year, and I'm so thankful!  I love her teacher and the way she is very intentional with her words.  It is such a blessing.

Untitled

4:30ish:  I finished up a set of superhero cookies.  Boy power!

Untitled

5:30ish:  It was time to run out the door again and because of the nature of the day, my sink still looked like this - all dishes from all day still dirty.  With Jake and the Neverland Pirates in the background, because you can never have enough Gold Deblumes.  Whatever the heck those are.

Untitled

6:30ish:  We ate dinner at Urban Young Life and stayed for the program, which ended up being a lot of fun.  The girls felt quite at home because our friend, Marte, leads it.

Untitled

7:30ish:  I knew it was time to go when Violet had this reaction to not getting Sprite.  #subtletyisourspecialty

Untitled

10:30ish:  William's teeth were still giving him grief, and I got some cuddle time.  Though he was slightly more interested in our cats than he was in me.  Yesterday we realized that though it was 80 degrees outside, we still had our heat on, which left some rooms of our house much warmer than we would have liked.  So, we turned on the air.  And then today, I turned the heat back on.  Welcome to Spring.

Untitled

We were definitely ready for bed when yesterday was over.  I'm thankful for all of the good that the day held but glad for a slower rest of the week.

0 comments: