Wednesday, March 25, 2015

BIRTHDAY FUN

Yesterday, I turned 34.  I'm officially in my mid-30s, which feels very anticlimactic.  My skin knows it's true, though.  The fact that I can still be prone to breakouts while also battling wrinkles feels a bit unfair.  No one tells you this is how it might be.  So, for everyone reading this that is younger than me - this sad truth is a real possibility.

Moving on.

My birthday was a good, normal day in my life.  We have a BIG FUN trip coming up in a couple of weeks and a LITTLE FUN trip coming up in a couple of days, so yesterday needed to be pretty run of the mill.  It was packed with moments like this: laundry basket over the cat courtesy of Lily, much to Violet's delight.

Untitled

The weather did seem to be celebrating me, and I basked in it all day.  We had lunch with friends down by the river, and I was amazed to see how big my kids all look sitting at the table.

Untitled
Untitled

Yesterday was also the first time I realized that this is what the world probably looked like on the day I was born, which was a wonderful thing to imagine.  I was born about 10 minutes from where I live, as were each of my children, all at the same hospital.  So, it was fun to think about 34 years ago there might have been flowers budding on some of these same trees the day I entered the world.  It. is. so. beautiful.  Truly.  Spring is a good time to have a birthday.  I'm addicted to the flower pictures.  I can't stop.  I won't stop.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Last night was our normal D-Group night, so I finished out my birthday with some of my besties - always a good way to go.  There was a make-your-own-pizza dinner (including goat cheese!) and birthday cake for dessert.

Untitled
Untitled

All day long, Facebook brought wonderful friends and acquaintances out of the woodwork to tell me "Happy Birthday," and my phone kept dinging with sweet messages.  Though my day was fairly ordinary, it struck me how sweet my ordinary life is at this stage.  I am richly blessed with family and friends that I adore and so thankful for the privilege to spend time with them.  Life is good, and I'm looking forward to what this next year will hold!

0 comments: