Wednesday, March 04, 2015

SNIPPETS OF LATELY

The rain is pouring down in buckets, and the temperature is falling.  A rather toxic combination, if you ask me.  This parody pretty much sums up how we deal with this weather - enjoy.



I'm hoping all that forecasted temperature dropping is a pack of lies.  Here are the last of our cute snow pictures from the last round.

Untitled
Untitled

Snowball fights for the win!  Moving on.  This weekend, John managed to squeeze in the Little Rock Half Marathon dressed as a pirate.  Because of course he did.  They are such scalawags.

Untitled

He and Steven didn't train and still finished under two hours, because they are very annoying.  That is the only explanation.  That or voodoo, and I'm pretty sure they steer clear of black magic.  The weather was abysmal, so the only support they got from their wives was a delicious pasta dinner the night before with our combined 8 children 6 and under at a restaurant.  The kiddos actually did really well, which was a pleasant surprise for us and our clearly overwhelmed waiter.

Untitled

John was a bit sick and tired before he ran, so he was flat out exhausted after the race.  Violet was having breathing issues, so these two ended up crashing on the couch for over an hour in the middle of everything going on around them.  Bless it.

Untitled

This picture doesn't really fit with anything, but I couldn't leave it out.  I made smoothies for everyone on Monday and found that these two were big fans.  I'm pretty sure this is the first time William has managed to use a straw correctly, so that was an exciting breakthrough.

Untitled

This morning, I headed to Lily's school to be a reader celebrating Read Across America week and Dr. Suess's birthday.  I was assigned Mr. Brown Can Moo, which has an alarming number of strange sounds that you much manufacture.  The room was quite loud, so I yelled over the racket.  It was a lot of fun, though, and the kindergartners seemed to really enjoy it!  Plus, they got to wear their PJs - double bonus.

Untitled
Untitled

But, half-way through, I got a call that this young man had a low-grade fever and rushed to his MDO to pick him up.  He rallied pretty quickly and managed to eat a full lunch, so I am not sure what is going on with him.  Childhood illness and fever are such mysteries to me - ones that I wish I could unravel, but that is not usually the case.

Untitled

In other news, John and I went on a date last night.  We stuffed ourselves to the max at two different restaurants, which was delightful.  Some of our conversation was a little dismal, however.  I was talking about how tired/exhuasted/at a deficit for energy that we have been lately, and I said, "I mean, we got in this hole one long day at a time, and I imagine that we will have to climb out the same way - little by little, one day at a time."  To which John replied, "And then someone will come and use a shovel to continue to bury us alive one shovel load at a time until we slowly suffocate and die."

Good news we are light on the drama in our household.

Obviously, we are working on righting the ship, but it will take a while.  Snow days certainly do not help, but God knows what we need more than we do, and we will trust him.  And continue to beg for his mercy.

0 comments: