
We had a sitter for the twins that I had not yet met, and I made sure to explain that I don't dress as Cinderella for daily life. Usually. She graciously took pictures for us and was so sweet about the whole thing. Here's the truth: for a stretch of life I really wanted to move to Orlando and try to become a Disney Princess at Disney World. I ended up working at CFA instead, because God knows best. However, wearing my old prom dress and parading around a movie theater with my daughters also dressed as Cinderella is right up my alley. It was so much fun.

(It was also super bright!)


We met up with friends for the show, which always makes life better.


The movie was so good. I do love the original, and this one captures the beautiful spirit but with much better costumes, more humor and more character. I teared up throughout, because I really believe that fairy tales mirror our souls. We often feel downtrodden and need the transformation that comes. The transformation often does not fix everything, but it makes new things possible. Cinderella becomes the real princess. The prince wants her, not for her position - or even her beauty in this version - but because she is kind and good and has spirit. It's just the kind of thing I want my girls watching.
Now, please note that not all of our day was a fairy tale. There were large stretches of it with someone or another crying or moaning. When John came home after dinner and bath time (which I did know about ahead of time), I gladly bowed out of the rest of bed time and fled the house. Sometimes we need a break. But - I do believe our Spring Break is off to a great start!








0 comments:
Post a Comment