Friday, March 06, 2015

MAY THIS BE THE END.

Are you sick of snow blog posts yet?  As a general rule, our little blog here is an account of what we are doing and thinking.  I've realized that I just can't think much with kiddos up in my face.  Which is fine, but it does make blog topics a bit limited.  So, for this Friday afternoon, there are more snow pictures to share.

Untitled

Wednesday night all the ice and snow happened.  I'll share the good news first - we have had power the whole time.  Ever since the bad ice/snow storm when we lost power for 5 days, I have learned how to be grateful for power in the snow storm.  So, we have been warm inside, which is such a blessing and privilege.

The babies really have not enjoyed the snow.  Violet fell once and only wanted to be held after that.  William walked a bit, but the truth is, he has the thinnest blood of any child I've ever encountered and starts shivering at the slightest whiff of being cold.  Snow is not yet his thing.

Untitled
Untitled
(I know how you feel.)

John did make it home for a bit yesterday and got to play with the girls, which was a highlight for all involved.  After trying out our driveway, they realized that our side yard hill made an excellent red neck sled run.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

School was canceled again for today, but I did get the glorious call that the babies' therapists would still be able to do therapy if I wanted to bring them!  Hurrah!  This time is so good for everyone.  The big girls and I went and wandered Target and bought stuff.  Stuff does not make you happy.  But - sometimes, stuff can make your kiddos a little more likable.  Just being honest here.  We got a couple new Leap Reader books and the new Tinkerbell movie to mix things up.

I'm so hopeful that Spring is right around the corner.  I would love to be able to use my brain a bit more and write about different stuff.  The snow day stress for John is no fun at all.  But - to be honest, I've enjoyed some of the slower pace that snow days afford.  There are pros and cons, and we've had a lot of cuddling and book reading and more cuddling.  I do cherish the cuddly moments when no one is crying.

Happy End of Winter (hopefully!)

Untitled

(neither twin is sick right this second, though you wouldn't know it by this picture.)

0 comments: