Saturday, December 26, 2015

CHRISTMAS WEEK

We've been busy little Christmas bees this week, as have most of you.  We've filled our time with family and friends before Christmas, plus a little gingerbread action and trips to Target.

Untitled
IMG_4334
Untitled
IMG_4322
Untitled

John worked most of Christmas Eve, and I was packing for a trip, so it was a bit anti-climatic/stressful.  We did enjoy worshiping together at our church's Christmas Eve service, making cupcakes for Jesus and eating a Chinese buffet dinner.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(I know Jesus really loves red and green.)

By the time I went to bed on Christmas Eve, I was tired and a bit on the cranky side.  But, Christmas morning dawned beautiful and full of new mercies.  We had a delightful morning at home with just our kiddos, opening stockings, reading the Christmas story at breakfast and opening presents.  I will treasure the memory of a Christmas morning like that.  Such sweetness.

IMG_4351
IMG_4343
IMG_4352
IMG_4353
IMG_4367
Untitled
IMG_4369

After we had finished our festivities, we switched gears and got on the road.  We traveled to Kansas to spend the night with my family on our way to Colorado.  Our children are not historically the best travelers (mainly one little girl twin), but the traveling has been okay.  Not fantastic, but we have had much worse drives.  (I'm actually writing a blog post from the road, so it can't be all bad.)

Untitled

Seeing family on Christmas night was a real treat!

IMG_4371
IMG_4373
Untitled

I'm so glad that Jesus was born and that we get to celebrate his birthday with friends and family and fun.  I hope your Christmas had more highs than lows and that you got to savor things that really matter.

0 comments: