Saturday, December 19, 2015

LATELY: HIGHS & LOWS

Doesn't life just clip along steadily?  Christmas is next week!  As I sat down to write out my to-do list, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a lot of it is already done.  That doesn't mean that the next week won't hold a lot of activity, but I don't feel frantic about it, which is a nice change.

Here are our highs and lows from lately.

High:  Lily had a Spirit Week at school a couple of weeks ago, and I had friends come to my rescue on "Decades" day.  Now the girls want poodle skirts, and I can't say I blame them.  Why did this fashion ever go out?  It really is so cute.

Untitled

Low:  Snot.  SO. MUCH. SNOT.  I even took Violet to the doctor today, because I don't want to repeat last Christmas's illnesses.  She seems to be fine - just SUPER SNOTTY.  William also has occasional snot, but nothing to rival his twin's leaky face.

Untitled
Untitled
(though I must say, that is one bad way to wake up.)

High:  Christmas cookies.  I love baking and decorating them.  I also love eating them.

Untitled
Untitled

Low:  Flat tires.  Somehow, we've had flat tires on two different vehicles this month.  That is never ideal, though both were realized at home, which is a blessing.

High:  I love driving past this scene several times a day.  It gets bigger every year.  The kids also LOVE it, especially the addition of the Minion in the tree.

Untitled

High:  We got to visit a friend's litter of golden doodle puppies.  They were so very adorable.  She has a couple of black ones still available if you are interested - they are 8 weeks old and would make perfect Christmas gifts for anyone that is not us.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
(what it looks like to try to get a picture of four Spenst children and 9 puppies.)

High:  Christmas card season.  This is my favorite puzzle to do all year.

Untitled

High:  The weather has been mostly pleasant this month and has allowed my children to be out of doors a lot.  Which is a win for everyone involved.

Untitled

Low:  Two year old twins are just plain hard.  We love them so very dearly.  But, I don't love the screaming or the constant demands, especially when we are driving.  Violet also really loves to help - she is a cute helper.

Untitled

And, I had given up looking for this sippy cup, until I sat down to use the bathroom.

Untitled

It does help that they are both extremely cute and highly affectionate.  And will occasional take a smiling selfie with you.

Untitled

High:  Sweet sister moments.  I'm so glad they all have each other.

Untitled
Untitled

Low:  At our store Christmas party, Lily stepped on a big, rusty nail.  She is current for her tetanus shot, which I was pleased to realized.  This nail hole was the source a much limping and a fair bit of drama.  Thankfully, one of my besties is a doctor who graciously lets me text her pictures to make sure I don't need to do anything else.  The puncture wound is healing nicely.

Untitled

Hoping for more highs than lows as we go into Christmas break, but I do know the Lord knows what is best for our family!

0 comments: