Here are our highs and lows from lately.
High: Lily had a Spirit Week at school a couple of weeks ago, and I had friends come to my rescue on "Decades" day. Now the girls want poodle skirts, and I can't say I blame them. Why did this fashion ever go out? It really is so cute.
Low: Snot. SO. MUCH. SNOT. I even took Violet to the doctor today, because I don't want to repeat last Christmas's illnesses. She seems to be fine - just SUPER SNOTTY. William also has occasional snot, but nothing to rival his twin's leaky face.

(though I must say, that is one bad way to wake up.)
High: Christmas cookies. I love baking and decorating them. I also love eating them.


Low: Flat tires. Somehow, we've had flat tires on two different vehicles this month. That is never ideal, though both were realized at home, which is a blessing.
High: I love driving past this scene several times a day. It gets bigger every year. The kids also LOVE it, especially the addition of the Minion in the tree.

High: We got to visit a friend's litter of golden doodle puppies. They were so very adorable. She has a couple of black ones still available if you are interested - they are 8 weeks old and would make perfect Christmas gifts for anyone that is not us.

(what it looks like to try to get a picture of four Spenst children and 9 puppies.)
High: Christmas card season. This is my favorite puzzle to do all year.
High: The weather has been mostly pleasant this month and has allowed my children to be out of doors a lot. Which is a win for everyone involved.
Low: Two year old twins are just plain hard. We love them so very dearly. But, I don't love the screaming or the constant demands, especially when we are driving. Violet also really loves to help - she is a cute helper.
And, I had given up looking for this sippy cup, until I sat down to use the bathroom.
It does help that they are both extremely cute and highly affectionate. And will occasional take a smiling selfie with you.
High: Sweet sister moments. I'm so glad they all have each other.

Low: At our store Christmas party, Lily stepped on a big, rusty nail. She is current for her tetanus shot, which I was pleased to realized. This nail hole was the source a much limping and a fair bit of drama. Thankfully, one of my besties is a doctor who graciously lets me text her pictures to make sure I don't need to do anything else. The puncture wound is healing nicely.
Hoping for more highs than lows as we go into Christmas break, but I do know the Lord knows what is best for our family!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment