These sunflowers lasted for a week at my house and did their work of cheering me up any time I glimpsed their happy faces.

Thankfully, I do not have time to wallow in my grief at losing the job of full-time stay-at-home-mom. We've been up to lots of stuff, and most of it has been really fun. Here's a quick run-down.
Sweet sister moments.

Well-checks that I totally thought I had done for the twins back in April.

Being derailed by a corroded battery on our way to a playdate, but having John come to save me, so we got to go swimming after all.


Baking cinnamon rolls for guests.

Finishing this blueberry pie from HoneyPies in less than 24 hours.

Always having an audience - even while watering plants

Playing at Barnes and Nobles waiting for our movie to start.

Going to Secret Life of Pets with friends - so fun!
Falling asleep on the way home from the water park.
Bath time smiles.

Working on family picture outfits - always a delightful mix of fun and a little stressful. #firstworldproblems

Enjoying a birthday cake our CFA team bought for John. It's one of his favorites - the Chantilly cake from Whole Foods.
I'm glad that there are a million and one distractions during this time. There will be such good and hard with my children all in school, and I know this is exactly what God has for us in this season. It is really comforting to rest in that assurance and know we are doing what we need to do right now - even if it isn't exactly what I would pick.









0 comments:
Post a Comment