Thursday, August 04, 2016

IDLING HIGH

The countdown is on.  School starts in 11 days.  My emotional state could currently be described by the phrase "idling high."  Everything is close to the surface.  Tears and/or maniacal laughter can both be brought forth so quickly.  I watched a clip from GMA about the Magnificent Seven US gymnasts who won gold in 1996 and basically started sobbing, which is a pretty extreme reaction to something that happened 20 years ago.  (Side note: how is it even possible that was 20 years ago when I remember it so vividly?)  It was at that moment that I realized how much I am really grieving all of my children being in full time school.

These sunflowers lasted for a week at my house and did their work of cheering me up any time I glimpsed their happy faces.

Untitled

Thankfully, I do not have time to wallow in my grief at losing the job of full-time stay-at-home-mom.  We've been up to lots of stuff, and most of it has been really fun.  Here's a quick run-down.

Sweet sister moments.

Untitled

Well-checks that I totally thought I had done for the twins back in April.

Untitled

Being derailed by a corroded battery on our way to a playdate, but having John come to save me, so we got to go swimming after all.

Untitled
Untitled

Baking cinnamon rolls for guests.

Untitled

Finishing this blueberry pie from HoneyPies in less than 24 hours.

Untitled

Always having an audience - even while watering plants

Untitled

Playing at Barnes and Nobles waiting for our movie to start.

Untitled

Going to Secret Life of Pets with friends - so fun!

Untitled

Falling asleep on the way home from the water park.

Untitled
Untitled

Bath time smiles.

Untitled

Working on family picture outfits - always a delightful mix of fun and a little stressful. #firstworldproblems

Untitled

Enjoying a birthday cake our CFA team bought for John.  It's one of his favorites - the Chantilly cake from Whole Foods.

Untitled

I'm glad that there are a million and one distractions during this time.  There will be such good and hard with my children all in school, and I know this is exactly what God has for us in this season.  It is really comforting to rest in that assurance and know we are doing what we need to do right now - even if it isn't exactly what I would pick.

0 comments: