Sunday, August 28, 2016

LIFE LATELY

Our second week of school is in the books, and I am happy to report many fewer tears on my own part.  As I said earlier this week - there is so much good.  There's still a lot of adjusting, but I really am coming to like big chunks of it.  Here's a quick look into some of what went down.

We've hit up the pool several times, trying to maximize this wonderful, family-favorite option.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

We got to help be a part of providing a bike for this young man from our restaurant who lost his in an accident.

Untitled

CFA graciously took us to Dave and Buster's for a family fun night, which our kiddos loved!  It was a little stimulation overkill, but we had a great time.  Thanks, CFA!  Plus, we earned over 3,000 tickets, because we are winners. 👊

Untitled
Untitled

Vi and I accidentally twinned.  Hand on my heart, I didn't realize we were totally matching until her teacher pointed it out. 😂

Untitled

I attended one of the most precious/original/awesome/surprise baby showers ever for a dear friend who is fostering two sweet loves right now.  And I drank a margarita too quickly, so then I had to eat a bunch of nachos to compensate. 🙈😳

Untitled

Can you believe we will be sending off summer so soon?  These served as a Friday fun snack for the twins' class at school, and I took them to my exercise class kick-off party.  Double bonus.  It was my first go at flamingos, and I think I need to find a way to make them more cutesy, but overall, I was pleased.

Untitled

John and I tried out a new restaurant on our date night this week.  Our dinner entrees weren't our favorite, but we will be back for the Catfish Dip, the pies and the cucumber salad, and we will try other entrees.  You should check out Soulfish in downtown Little Rock if you get a chance. Then, we saw Star Trek.  Sort of known fact: I am a nerd and love fantasy and even sometimes sci-fi movies.  I would not consider myself a Trekkie in any way, but I have really enjoyed all the movies from this particular iteration of Star Trek.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

John and I had a calendar pow-wow this evening to nail down a few things and realized that the next few months are going to contain a whole lot.  A lot of it will be fun, but there are a LOT of things.  We are trying to draw our breaths now to be able to walk through it all with any amount of grace.

Here's looking towards a new week!  Hopefully our days (yours and mine) will be filled with more of God's grace than we can imagine.

0 comments: