Day One: We took a day to ourselves and visited a few things that struck our fancy. First stop - Euna Mae's. I've been wanting to visit this kitchen shop forever, and it did not disappoint. Talk about happy place.

We hit up Onyx Coffee a couple of different times, because it is some of our favorite coffee. They also serve delicious toast - so fun. We loved seeing how much the Bentonville Square has changed since we lived in NWA about 10 years ago.

Next on the agenda was Crystal Bridges, which I had yet to see. It lived up to every bit of the hype. As a super double bonus, the day was stunningly gorgeous, and it was just us and the retirees wandering around at our leisure - definitely the way I like to take in any attraction.
(Not a posed picture. I was soaking in the sun because it was just that wonderful.)
(Definitely a posed picture, because this wall was super bright.)
(I was not actually sneaking candy from the art exhibit on the floor. It was meant to be taken.)


(WPS)
For dinner, we ate at The Hive at 21C and had a delicious and unique dinner.


Days 2 & 3: These days were spent largely on the campus of our alma mater, John Brown University. John joined the Board of Trustees as a junior member last fall, so this was his second board meeting. It gave us the excuse for a getaway, and we got to spend time in Siloam Springs and at JBU, both of which we love. We also got to stay with Ellen and Luke for one night which was so fun.
(I don't think I imagined the world where I was the wife of a Trustee with my very own official name tag. 🤣)

(The office where our relationship bloomed way back in college.)


Our last stop on our way out of town was for dinner at the Fayetteville Square at Hugo's. Everything was beautifully in bloom, and again - the weather was spring perfection. We cherished the time we had away with one another.






















0 comments:
Post a Comment