Monday, April 03, 2017

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO ME

So, I turned 36 a couple of Fridays ago.  The last week and a half has been filled with all kinds of craziness, so I'm just now getting to the blog post about it.  I took a commemorative photo for the occasion.  Actually, Bella took the photo.  Perks of getting older and having slightly older children.

Untitled

There are pros and cons to this aging gig, and I am definitely experiencing both.  I love my current skincare regimen, but I have developed blepharitis in the last year, which is a major bummer.  Also, I find random things in my body that are sore - did I pull a muscle?  I'm sure it was that super strenuous working out that I am always doing - that or just life.  Life makes me "pull muscles" now that I am 36.

But, I mostly like aging.  There is so much learned along the way, and it is nice to be able to apply wisdom to real life.  Like learning to eat better and realizing that it really truly helps you feel better.  Imagine that.  Also - getting enough sleep matters.  A lot.  Am I always great at these things?  Umm, no.  But, I do feel like I am making real gains that I am thankful for.

At age 36, I've also seen a lot of God's faithfulness.  Though I do not always understand or necessarily like the ways that God works, I do trust him completely.  He is good and faithful and has proven that time and again in my life.  36 years deep, I trust him more than ever.

To celebrate 36, I drove home from Branson with my husband and four children.  After about two hours of being home, a babysitter came, and John and I had a lovely night on the town that included three restaurants and a pedicure for us both.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

At the last restaurant, they actually comped the dessert and champagne for us, because we get dessert there so regularly. 😂🙈👊🏻🙌🏻

I've seen some pretty amazing stuff in this first week of being 36, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the year holds!

0 comments: