I've blogged about being in the dark middle part before, but now more than ever, it seems that life may just be a continuation of one long dark part. I don't mean to sound dour, but we've been promised trouble as believers. (John 16:33) I am s-l-o-w-l-y coming to grips with the ways that life will always be hard. To expect ease is to set myself up for disappointment. My flesh craves comfort, but my spirit wants to live in obedience. And obedience leads us closer to the heart of Christ. Where there is great joy, but also great heart-ache because of the ways the world is still so broken.
Let me be clear - I am grateful and joyful in so many ways. And - Sunday is coming. Jesus doesn't stay buried, and neither will I. He rose. He defeated death. Someday there will be no more tears, and we have great hope in all of these things.
We are looking forward to celebrating Easter tomorrow morning, and I know I will write a cute picture-laden blog post full of fun. But, it will only tell part of the story. We are looking for ways to carry a lighter burden - and still unsure of what that looks like for our family. So many of our choices have already been made, and they are so good, but also so hard. Until it is all done, we will wait in hope and look forward to the eternal Sunday that is coming where death has been defeated forever and always.





0 comments:
Post a Comment