
My sis, Ellen, designed the invites with some cacti which served as an inspirational jumping off point.
Mom and Wes came to town for the shindig and were the most awesome helpers.

Once we got to the Wonder Place, John's parents and Gran Gran were also there to help execute my vision, and I almost started crying when I saw them all happily working together. We are so very blessed with supportive parents who love all of our children so well, and I do not take this for granted. And the never complained about my party mania, which is its own blessing.

Everything did come together for a festive feel.
I did try to keep the food "simple." Everyone in my family gives me a hard time about my use of this word, because my version of "simple" is usually far more complex than anyone else's. 🤣 We had chips, two kinds of salsa, guacamole, fruit, cake and the stand-out hit - churro donuts. Everything was egg and milk free, because I wanted William and Violet to be able to eat everything at their own party.


This letter board sign could be the twins' life anthem.

The cakes had a hard life and fell far more than I wish they had. Baking without milk or eggs is a constant experiment, and the flavor was spot on, but cake construction left some to be desired. Still - the buttercream flowers and succulents were a lot of fun to try!


I used super bright flowers in copper mugs and succulents on the tables.

I paired Mexican drinks with water to keep us all hydrated.


The Wonder Place is such a great place for parties. (So much so that I've done it two years in a row for the twins!) Everyone loved playing - even the older kids!

After about an hour of playtime, we made our way to the party room to enjoy food and sing Happy Birthday to the twinsies who were SO HAPPY that it was their birthday. Their birthday joy was seriously contagious!


(Everyone loved getting to love on baby Lizzy!)






We sent everyone out the door with a cookie - because of course we did.


All in all, I'm so thankful for our family and friends who so lovingly came to celebrate Violet and William with us - those are the true gifts. Happy Birthday, William and Violet - we love you so much!
Twins' Past Parties
{Hungry Caterpillar Party}
{Berenstain Bear Party}
{VW Party}























0 comments:
Post a Comment