Monday, April 24, 2017

TWINS' FIESTA FOURTH

You know we love a good party here at the Spenst casa.  When it came time to plan for this party, I thought a Fiesta would be fun and easily able to serve both a boy and a girl.  Boy/girl parties can be tricky, but this one turned out so very fun!

fullsizeoutput_5275

My sis, Ellen, designed the invites with some cacti which served as an inspirational jumping off point.

HappBanner

Mom and Wes came to town for the shindig and were the most awesome helpers.

Untitled
Untitled

Once we got to the Wonder Place, John's parents and Gran Gran were also there to help execute my vision, and I almost started crying when I saw them all happily working together.  We are so very blessed with supportive parents who love all of our children so well, and I do not take this for granted.  And the never complained about my party mania, which is its own blessing.

Untitled

Everything did come together for a festive feel.

Untitled

I did try to keep the food "simple."  Everyone in my family gives me a hard time about my use of this word, because my version of "simple" is usually far more complex than anyone else's. 🤣  We had chips, two kinds of salsa, guacamole, fruit, cake and the stand-out hit - churro donuts.  Everything was egg and milk free, because I wanted William and Violet to be able to eat everything at their own party.

fullsizeoutput_521e
fullsizeoutput_521f
fullsizeoutput_5220
fullsizeoutput_5221
fullsizeoutput_5222
fullsizeoutput_5223

This letter board sign could be the twins' life anthem.

fullsizeoutput_5226

The cakes had a hard life and fell far more than I wish they had.  Baking without milk or eggs is a constant experiment, and the flavor was spot on, but cake construction left some to be desired.  Still - the buttercream flowers and succulents were a lot of fun to try!

fullsizeoutput_5218
fullsizeoutput_521c
fullsizeoutput_521a
fullsizeoutput_521b

I used super bright flowers in copper mugs and succulents on the tables.

fullsizeoutput_5227

I paired Mexican drinks with water to keep us all hydrated.

fullsizeoutput_5228
fullsizeoutput_5229

The Wonder Place is such a great place for parties.  (So much so that I've done it two years in a row for the twins!)  Everyone loved playing - even the older kids!

fullsizeoutput_522f
fullsizeoutput_523b
fullsizeoutput_523d
fullsizeoutput_5247

After about an hour of playtime, we made our way to the party room to enjoy food and sing Happy Birthday to the twinsies who were SO HAPPY that it was their birthday.  Their birthday joy was seriously contagious!

fullsizeoutput_5250
fullsizeoutput_5258
(Everyone loved getting to love on baby Lizzy!)
fullsizeoutput_525b
fullsizeoutput_525c
fullsizeoutput_524a
Untitled
fullsizeoutput_5264
fullsizeoutput_5267
fullsizeoutput_5269
fullsizeoutput_526b
fullsizeoutput_527a
fullsizeoutput_5283
fullsizeoutput_5289

We sent everyone out the door with a cookie - because of course we did.

fullsizeoutput_522a
fullsizeoutput_522b

All in all, I'm so thankful for our family and friends who so lovingly came to celebrate Violet and William with us - those are the true gifts.  Happy Birthday, William and Violet - we love you so much!

Twins' Past Parties
{Hungry Caterpillar Party}
{Berenstain Bear Party}
{VW Party}

0 comments: