Wednesday, April 26, 2017

WALK FOR THE WAITING: SPONSOR US!

Dear Friends and Family,

Look - I get it.  You, like me, are asked for money all the time for a million different things.  And this time of the year, the requests are coming hard and heavy.  There are field trips and teacher appreciation and summer sign-ups and end of year everything.  April and May are packed with craziness and requests, and I know this could be just one more on the list.

Hear me out, because I do not make financial appeals lightly.  I know the competition for your time, attention and resources is fierce.  I meant to get all preachy in this blog post, but I decided to back off.  I'll keep it to this - there is a massive need in our state.  There are children and teens in crisis every day, and every day that they lack permanence, we all lose as a society.  This video shows some of the current stats and also features some adorable Spensts that you might recognize!



So- if you don't feel like you are called to foster and adopt - I totally get it, not all of us are.  But - I bet you can give $10, $20, $100 or maybe more!  If so, would you consider sponsoring my little family in this year's Walk for the Waiting?  We will gladly take your pocket change + anything else you feel led to give.  This issue matters deeply to our family.

The last thing that I will say is that if you are wanting to get a front row seat to see God at work, I would encourage you to get involved in orphan care in some way.  God shows up.  He is near to the broken-hearted, and he wants to place the lonely in families.  Just in the past month, I've gotten to see miracles up close, and I am forever grateful to God for his faithfulness and goodness.  I am praying that he continues to move in Central Arkansas, and I look forward to seeing more and more people compelled to action.  It is the hardest work I've ever done, but also the very best.

If you want to come walk with us - the Walk for the Waiting is May 6th at War Memorial Stadium.  We would love to see you there!  And, if you are able to sponsor us - we would be ever so grateful - click here!⬅️  (it's so easy! you should do it! 😜)

XOXO - Carol

0 comments: