
Here's what you need.
1/2 C of Blue Bonnet margarine
1/2 C of shortening
1 C light brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp Watkins White Vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
3 C semi-sweet chocolate chips

That vanilla is key - you have to order it online unless you shop at a really high-end grocery store. I got it on Amazon here. I tried making the recipe with normal vanilla extract, and it did not fly with the hubby who had tasted the goodness of the real stuff. Get the real deal.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the margarine and the shortening very well. (Note - I always use a plastic bag in the cup to measure shortening so I don't have to clean the cup, and I soften butter in the pre-heating oven.)



Add sugars and continue beating until thoroughly mixed.

Add eggs, soda, salt and vanilla and mix well.

Stir in flour and beat until barely incorporated.

This is what mine looked like before I added the chocolate chips.

Fold in chocolate chips.

Drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I use parchment paper to make it easier to get them off and not have to clean the pan.


Bake for 7-9 minutes at 350 degrees. (Some ovens may require a temp of 375. If they look really done, it's too late!) Remove and cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Move to cooling racks. Devour.

On another note, when I picked up Lily from childcare at Bible Study this morning, they showed me her craft and told me that she was the last one at the table, and they had to tell her that she couldn't use any more hearts. This is a crafty girl after my own heart.





2 comments:
It took me almost two years to work off the 20lbs those cookies gave me. Beware!
That made my heart smile to hear Lily wanting to craft so much. She is her mother's daughter... and her aunt's niece. ;)
Post a Comment